Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5 Owners Thread - apps, tips & tricks!

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭limpdd

Recently dropped mine, and cracked the glass and took a tiny chip out of the bottom of the screen at the base. I had to send it back to LG in the UK for repair. They use a company called SBE for their repairs, who luckily have an Irish office [repairs still done in UK].

Had it repaired and returned in 3 weeks.

As your issue seems software related, and not hardware - not sure who the best to contact is. But contacting SBE may be of help to find out.

Have you tried a factory reset of the phone to see if that solves the issue?

Ye did a factory reset twice but it's still acting up every now and then.
    I had emailed the LG support team in the UK and they advised the reset.
    Thanks for your reply, I'll get on to SBE and see what the story is.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Does anyone suffer from the static noise/hissing when using the microphone? Here's an article on it

I have a lot of static when recording videos, it's not as bad as some others but still fairly bad especially compared to my N4. I hope it can be fixed with a software update :(

Only have the phone a few days, so have only made a few calls with no complaints on the call quality.
    But the few videos I've recorded have had hissing all through them. Haven't tried the "fix", turning off noise cancellation...

Anyone else??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,236 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Nexus 4 decided to start a new life at the bottom of the Mediterranean Sea :(

Is the Nexus 5 worth the purchase at this moment or should I hold out for the 6, or another Android on the market.

I don't mind paying a reasonable amount of money for it, after all I did for the 4!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

I'd wait for the 6 at this stage mate!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭padair

madmoe wrote: »
    I'd wait for the 6 at this stage mate!!

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

Depends on how much screen real estate you like. Nexus X to have a 5.3 inch screen and be made by Motorola supposedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,236 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

NeoRox wrote: »
    Depends on how much screen real estate you like. Nexus X to have a 5.3 inch screen and be made by Motorola supposedly.

TBH the 4 was grand now, didn't have any problems with it at all, size wise. the extra inch would take getting used to alright I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

FitzShane wrote: »
    TBH the 4 was grand now, didn't have any problems with it at all, size wise. the extra inch would take getting used to alright I guess.

Must not make innuendo comment

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

€80 off a Nexus 5 when you buy a LG G Watch at the same time.

So the lot (16gb) for €468 excl. shipping.

9a98a39b73.jpg

Advertisement