Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets talk Jazzmasters!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

seachto7 wrote: »
    Is it anything like the Jag with humbucker that was out a few years ago, with all the knobs and dials in it.

I would welcome a shorter scale guitar! I like the look of the blacktops, and yeah, would mod it to bejaysus...

Far from it, it's just tone and volume knob. None of the circuitry that's in the Kurt Cobain Jag etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Sounds good. Of course when I have cash to buy it there will be none left.

Seeing as it's a jazzmaster thread I got the back of the neck on my CIJ one sanded down so it has a very natural feel. Must get some pics up...

Ok to chime in on this same thread again?

Bridge issues! I have a tuneomatic bridge and whizzo buzzstop. Some awful buzzing still, and to be honest I prefer the "feel" when the buzzstop wasn't on.

So, I'm going to take that off, I may still have issues with the bridge though. I have been informed I'd be better off getting a wilkinson roller bridge (£25) or a staytrem bridge (£65).

I can't really afford a mastery. Not sure. I might hold out and try and get the staytrem, but my head is done in at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I have a Staytrem bridge on my Squier Bass VI. It's a really solid piece of kit. Well worth the money.

Yeah, I fear I might have to just take the plunge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

seachto7 wrote: »
    Yeah, I fear I might have to just take the plunge.

Yeah you should. And then tell us how you get on so we can take the plunge :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I wonder would this work. Locking roller trem bridge from Hallmark Guitars.

goldbridge.jpg

US$95 in chrome

http://hallmarkguitars.com/parts/parts.shtml

I've gotten advice on other forums that a wilkinson roller bridge would work, a staytrem would work, and a mastery would work. I suppose it's each to their own and every guitar will be somewhat different, but I think I'll try a staytrem.
    I even got advised to stick a tuneomatic on, which I did, but doesn't seem to be 100% there yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Jazzmasters just seem fiddly to me in general. I've got a Yamaha SGV800, and that just works. What a wacky bridge though! Not quite a Jazzmaster, but it has a vibrato and soapbars. :pac:

Advertisement