Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gold Rush-South America

Options
  • 11-06-2014 10:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭

It may suffer from some scripting but the idiotic antics of the inept Hoffman Crew are only too real.

Highlight being the Father Hoffman using the excavator to accidentally destroy thier wash plant before the whole sorry crew are kicked out clutching a handful of worthless diamonds.

Riviting stuff :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

chopper6 wrote: »
    It may suffer from some scripting but the idiotic antics of the inept Hoffman Crew are only too real.

Highlight being the Father Hoffman using the excavator to accidentally destroy thier wash plant before the whole sorry crew are kicked out clutching a handful of worthless diamonds.

Riviting stuff :)

Very late reply. But yeah Todd Hoffmann is just a simpleton, in the real world, he would not be even on the team, not to mind being team leader. Obviously , this is all done for discovery and getting viewers etc.

The Hoffmann crew celebrate and high five the most minuscule of things.

Fred Hurt is more my kinda man.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Dad, say a prayer.

"Dear lord, we thank you for 3 years in a row of this nonsense, and hope for another 3 years."

/high fives with helmets.

Mr E wrote: »
    Dad, say a prayer.

"Dear lord, we thank you for 3 years in a row of this nonsense, and hope for another 3 years."

/high fives with helmets.

Exactly yeah.

I don't mind Dave or the mechanic lad too much but the 2 Hoffmans are just gob****es.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Fred Hurt is more my kinda man.
    I keep hoping he'll trip into the glory hole with his gammy foot!:pac:

pablo128 wrote: »

Ah now ; )

Gammy aul foor he has alright, wears a platform shoe , wonder what happened , digger drove on top of it probably.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

pablo128 wrote: »

They had to fill teh glory hole in after three years of flogging away at it...there must be easier ways to make a living.

chopper6 wrote: »
    They had to fill teh glory hole in after three years of flogging away at it...there must be easier ways to make a living.

Yeah, they spent a long time down there in the hope if they kept digging and digging and digging they would hit millions, obliviously never happened

• Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I remember reading other forums back when I used to watch this from people who make their living sluicing gold and the general opinion was that glory hole strategy was complete nonsense, glory holes do exist but nobody would move that much dirt for one and everything he said about evidence for it being there was a load of crap. I don't bother with these anymore since they got too fake, the first season was great tv though, and Bering Sea Gold is always good, at least they make their living there not from Discovery Channel wages like the Hoffman crowd.

Thargor wrote: »
    I remember reading other forums back when I used to watch this from people who make their living sluicing gold and the general opinion was that glory hole strategy was complete nonsense, glory holes do exist but nobody would move that much dirt for one and everything he said about evidence for it being there was a load of crap. I don't bother with these anymore since they got too fake, the first season was great tv though, and Bering Sea Gold is always good, at least they make their living there not from Discovery Channel wages like the Hoffman crowd.

I know its a bit fake but I still have gold rush in me diary for every Tuesday :) one of the few programmes I actually watch

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

I remember reading other forums back when I used to watch this from people who make their living sluicing gold and the general opinion was that glory hole strategy was complete nonsense, glory holes do exist but nobody would move that much dirt for one and everything he said about evidence for it being there was a load of crap.

Agreed...they moved thousands of yards of "overburden" to get to the bottom of a mythical motherlode. My opinion is they should have been running dirt from a reasonable distance down instead of concentrating on trying to find bedrock.

The damage this kind of mining does to the enevironment is quite shocking too.

right, must have a look at that.

Do you know if it also applies to discovery in Europe or are they all the one ?

It will take a while to come to UK because they redub it with a guy with a British accent for the voiceover, same as Mythbusters and the rest, I just download it from places we aren't allowed to discuss here. There are 3 seasons of Bering Sea Gold and 2 series of Bering Sea Gold: Under the Ice which is the same programme with the same people just them dredging under the ice when the grounds freeze over, I think they change the name to Ice Divers or something like that in the UK though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bering_Sea_Gold

Advertisement