Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Value of old cycling shorts

• 12-05-2014 10:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭

Do older cycling shorts become useless eventually? I got a new pair recently, and my older shorts seem less comfy in comparison. I cannot figure out if (a) the newer shorts are better quality, or a different design, or (b) the padding in the older shorts is gone thin.
    What do boardsies do with older shorts? Are they still of some benefit, or does the padding get so thin as to be useless?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Padding wears out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭Midnight64

Tackle is bigger?!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

The lycra on mine starts looks scruffy before I notice any problems with the chamois.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

I put them up on eBay, emphasise they've been worn a lot and are really sweaty. A few choice keywords and they sell for quite a bit. (I don't actually do this.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭outfox

godtabh wrote: »
    Padding wears out

Do you get a few thousand kilometres out of a pair?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

A new niche market in a pretty niche market for sweaty, used pants. I don't know if Japanese style vending machines for old cycling shorts will take off though. Remember to take a picture of yourself in the pants when selling. They like that :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

gadetra wrote: »
    A new niche market in a pretty niche market for sweaty, used pants. I don't know if Japanese style vending machines for old cycling shorts will take off though. Remember to take a picture of yourself in the pants when selling. They like that :p

Oh, it's a tidy little niche if you know the right keywords.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

Oh, it's a tidy little niche if you know the right keywords.

Advertisement