Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2008 Bets

• 04-06-2008 1:02pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have not had a good look at this yet but will before the end of the week.So far I like the 10/1 on offer for Klose to be top Goalscorer.He did it in the world cup so thats good price.Holland @ 5/1 to Qualify for the Final is good value IMO.

So what do you lot fancy..?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Was thinking about putting a few on myself.

Spain to win with Torres top scorer
    Spain to win with Villa top scorer
    Holland to qualify for finals

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I put a random bet on Poland for some reason. Looking at their group I see my insane foolishness :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,988 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

With the sweepstakes i've got 10 on Portugal at 10-1 which is nice (beats the bookies!)

Gonna put 20 on Spain i think at 11-2, and then 10 on France at 17-2. I'd be reasonably confident of a return from those i think. Will work out the permutations in a while and whichever has the nicest route to the final ill go each way on. France really are looking good though, have a great mix of youth and experience and i could see a few players making a name for themselves.

Gonna go with Klose and Ronaldo as my main top scorer bets lookin at the groups they're in as well as their records for their countries (could see Ronaldo playing as CF for the tournement as they're weak there and have plenty of wingers). Thinking i might throw a cheeky 2 euro bet each way (pays to 4 places on PP) on Podolski as well at 28-1. From checking livescore.com over the last while of the season he seems to be in a decent run of form after a poor season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I'm going to put money on Spain to get knocked out in first round.

Germany to score most goals. Klose top scorer. Germany to win.

Romania to get through their group.

Greece to reach final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

The 4/1 BetFred are offering on Spain to be eliminated in the group stages looks great value, and the 1 point and 2 point haul at 33/1 and 20/1 resp. have to be worth a cheeky punt.
    Ballack to be top goal scorer at 40/1 with BetFred is a sweet price.
    Alex Del Piero at 80/1 with Boyle is a crazy price for this years Capocannonieri, 21 goals in Serie A is no mean feat. (BlueSq are offering 7/1 on Del boy to be top Serie A goalscorer in Euro 2008 also, with his only likely competiton being Mutu, Ibra and Di Natale 7/1 looks decent.)
    Paddy Power are offering 3/1 on there being 13-14 goals inclusive in group C. I like this bet because its random. (perhaps a double with 321-340 corners in the tourny @ 2/1!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Very hard to call this but PP are offering 8/15 on one of the big 4 (Ger, Fra, Itl, Sp) winning which might be worth including in a multiple.

I have a feeling for Spain but have several of those tee shirts at this stage so at their price am cautious

Ballack for top scorer might be good e/w but again this is very tricky as while the 'easy' teams like Austria are likely to be beaten they might be hard to put 3 or 4 past. It might be teams like Holland, Croatia, Romania, etc that ship lots of goals, i.e. there might well be lots of high scoring draws in the group of death and maybe this is where the value is to be had.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Romania at 40/1 is a cracking price if they somehow get out of their group.

Other than that I think Portugal at around 9/1 are the standout, they have a good tradition in recent competitions (finalists in 2004, semi finalists in 2006, semi finalists in 2004) and for all the talk of no striker, they've never had one and it has never stopped them getting that far, also, this time they have the small matter of the worlds most on form player

Advertisement