Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sparky for City?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I was thinking that, but just maby not that good to take City on. Hughes really rates him but I think we are more likely to see Samba, Warnock(maby, Reid is a better player but he's a LB) and Santa Cruz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,899 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Mr Alan wrote: »
    once again, doesnt matter one lttle bit. not the way football works.

we usually finish first for the second half of the season, doesnt mean we deserve a trophy for it.

Never said we do. All I said is results were unacceptable after Christmas which is the justification for his sacking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

so you think it was right and fair that he got sacked?

Mr Alan wrote: »
    so you think it was right and fair that he got sacked?

At the time no. Now, I can see the reasons why. I just posted this from a City fan in the other thread (merge anyone?) -
    You'd have to say Sven. (when asked whose fault the slump was)
    Couldn't get any strikers scoring, Sturridge came on twice, scored twice, and was promptly moved back to the U18s, tactics were all wrong in the 2nd half of the season, no plan B, couldn't get the players firing in the games against "lesser" opposition, wrong players brought in in January (he WAS backed finacially by Shinawatra)

All valid points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

i reckon every manager incl Wenger,Rafa,Ferguson could have had a little critique written on them like that Xavi-should they all get the sack? or do all managers just make mistakes?

the fact thats enough to sway you to the opinion that sven should have gotten sacked is ****ing shocking.

i PM'd when the original stories of Shinawatra wanting to sack Sven broke and you wrote them off as nonsense, saying that Sven was with City for the long haul. Seems he was, but City ****ed him over badly.

and tbh i am shocked that you are even trying to condone it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

I think Sven did a half arsed job, was too relaxed about it and didnt do things to the standard that a top premiership side should be, therefore you get the sack!

I'm not trying to condone it, I'm just giving you the reasons why he was sacked. Frank wasn't happy, it's his club and the buck stops with him. That's what happened whether we like it or not and whether it was justified or not.

Spilled milk and all that. We move onwards and upwards.

Advertisement