Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas road outbound

Options
  • 26-09-2007 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭

I was sitting on the luas today around 5 o clock whilst the Naas road usual backlog was there, there numerous buses in the inside lane, and i wondered to myself why don;t they make that lane a QBC? it might encourage many more people who maybe don't like the luas over crowding /cannot access it from their place of work to get a bus instead. yes there would be extra traffic for cars and it is a national road out of the city but I still believe in the long run a QBC would alleviate the traffic in the long run.. what do people think about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,281 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I thought that some sections were bus lane or is that just inbound?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭patrickc

Victor wrote:
    I thought that some sections were bus lane or is that just inbound?
    a small section outbound.. but mainly inbound victor.. from the volvo garage out all cars..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

a small section outbound.. but mainly inbound victor.. from the volvo garage out all cars..

Is this going towards Naas???

They need the three lanes going outbound as between Longmile and the Redcow traffic converge... The left lane has to be opened IMO. because of the excessive left on and left offs alongside too... A bus lane would be useless here...

When the redcow upgrade finishes, the traffic lights will be removed meaning traffic won't backlog... Unless the Turnpike conspiracy is still left as it is:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭patrickc

mysterious wrote:
    Is this going towards Naas???
    yes it is.

They need the three lanes going outbound as between Longmile and the Redcow traffic converge... The left lane has to be opened IMO. because of the excessive left on and left offs alongside too... A bus lane would be useless here...

When the redcow upgrade finishes, the traffic lights will be removed meaning traffic won't backlog... Unless the Turnpike conspiracy is still left as it is:p

that being the point!

Advertisement