Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cue recommendation?

Options
  • 28-04-2015 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hey guys, I'm what I would call an 'experienced beginner' and am looking for a decent cue in the €60 to €80 range (student life does not allow for much more).

I was looking at the Billiard Company on Marlborough Street and they have an offer on during the world championship, a four piece cue for €60 brought down from €125 RRP. Thinking that might be the one but it almost seems too good to be true! Anyone have any experience with the cue?

Going in tomorrow to give it a go, but any advice from you guys would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭chancer_007

Hi,

I would recommend trying as many cues as within your budget.
    Each cue would have a different "feel"

I went into the shop on abbey st with the intention of paying about 50/60 but then I ended up trying a few decent cues I ended up spending €115
    The cheap cues are machine manufactured as opposed to a hand made cue
    I bought a Peradon hand made 3/4 lenth cue and its well woth the money.
    would definitely recommend this cue, lovely weight, nice bit of weight in the cue, I found the manufactured cues too light.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sirwhy

Tried a few in my price range today (they were decorating but were very accommodating) and am quite happy with what I got. A 5pc set and case for 80 quid, threw in two cubes of chalk too! Will have to give it a real workout soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭chancer007

good stuff,
    u'll be knocking in 100's in no time :)

Advertisement