Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Starting off and Insurance

Options
  • 04-12-2013 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I have to start my EDT lessons but how is it possible to learn how to drive if the 12 lessons are per hour and are scattered over the 6 months ? :/
    Also how much would the insurance cost on a small car? Any low cost insurance company's you would recommend ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭matt70iu

Hi

The 12 EDT are just the min you have to do before they will allow you to take your test. You could need 5 times that or more before you're ready.

A lot depends on how the person takes to driving etc.

Britton (Broker) seem to be quite good if you're starting out, although I would ring around a few and see what you get quoted.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭I can't tell you why

Don't spread them over six months. That is a terrible idea the RSA had. Get the first set close together then get practicing.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 MeganB

But are the instructors allowed to do it in a set? The instructor i was talking to said i have to do 12 lessons over the 6 months of 2 hours per lesson and then have a sponsor who i practice with, but after the first lesson i wont know how to drive ? :/

Advertisement