Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

passport size photos for theory test

Options
  • 29-11-2013 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

can someone explain to me what these are for? cos I thought I read that it's the NDLS centre that takes your photograph for your lerner permit ID.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

You need 2 photos signed on the back, if you pass your test they take the signed photos and send them off and you get back a lamented cert in the post that shows you passed your theory test with your photo on it to bring to get your learner permit. That's how it was before the new licence centers opened,don't think its any different now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

penzo wrote: »
    can someone explain to me what these are for? cos I thought I read that it's the NDLS centre that takes your photograph for your lerner permit ID.

So only you can use the cert. Stop fraud. Don't know how this NDLS service works but the old way they made the learner permit right there for you so they relied on it as proof it's yours and not someone with the same name.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

penzo wrote: »

The theory test is separate from the permit application. The NDLS have nothing to do with the theory test.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭penzo

BuffyBot wrote: »
    The theory test is separate from the permit application. The NDLS have nothing to do with the theory test.

Yeah was just confused as to what the photos were for then, it's not many times in life a cert has a photo on it, but makes sense now !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

About time really. No check when I took my theory test. I could have sent anyone in to do the test. Any know if LC Students need ID nowadays for exams.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

Any know if LC Students need ID nowadays for exams.

No they don't

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Pov06 wrote: »
    No they don't

Unless they are external students in a school.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭penzo

About time really. No check when I took my theory test. I could have sent anyone in to do the test. Any know if LC Students need ID nowadays for exams.

they didn't check ID's ? jaysus, altho the thread is about the extra photos you need, not ID

but the photos seem nonsense really cos you need ID's for both the theory and getting the learner permit so if the cert had you're name, date of birth and address that should be enough really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

spurious wrote: »
    Unless they are external students in a school.

Was the external candidates I was thinking of. I had a little brain fart and temporarily lost external from my vernacular. Remember external candidates taking exams in my school and nothing asked ID wise from what I saw.

Advertisement