Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ANPR in UK records details of 100 reg plates a second or 3 billion a year !

Options
  • 08-07-2009 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

Police use CCTV to photograph three billion car numbers plates a year

Police are using surveillance cameras to photograph three billion car numbers plates a year, the equivalent of 100 pictures every second, new figures have revealed.

For those that do not know, ANPR stands for "Automatic Number Plate Recognition", they are found on Toll Gantries, mobile / fixed Gatsos, "Average Speed Detection" (Yellow Vultures), Car parks, tunnel Entrances, Sea Ports, Airports, Congestion Charge CCTV, Dumps, Recycle Ctrs etc. The police in the UK have access to records to most of the above and can and will use it against you if you fall anyway out of line.

ANPR (Along with registered smart cards ) will be one of the main tracking tools of this up and coming order because the authorities will have records of ALL your movements. Big Brother Will soon be Watching You no matter what way you choose to travel and it will spread rapidly across Europe.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1197083/Police-use-CCTV-photograph-billion-car-numbers-plates-year.html

http://www.wiseupjournal.com/?p=992

OpenRoadTolling_DMRP_72dpi.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Maybe its the attention whore in my but I dont mind being watched?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

For those that do not know, ANPR stands for "Automatic Number Plate Recognition", they are found on Toll Gantries, mobile / fixed Gatsos, "Average Speed Detection" (Yellow Vultures), Car parks, tunnel Entrances, Sea Ports, Airports, Congestion Charge CCTV, Dumps, Recycle Ctrs etc. The police in the UK have access to records to most of the above and can and will use it against you if you fall anyway out of line.

ANPR (Along with registered smart cards ) will be one of the main tracking tools of this up and coming order because the authorities will have records of ALL your movements. Big Brother Will soon be Watching You no matter what way you choose to travel and it will spread rapidly across Europe.

So police have access to ANPR camera's sop they can prosecute people who are breaking the law????? whats wrong with that, or are you saying that breaking the law is OK, as long as nobody see's????

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The one on the M50 is less than 100% accurate.

1) Spots people not there
    2) Misses people who were

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

3)Sent me a bill for going over the toll bridge even though I don't even own a car and never had.

Advertisement