Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Applying for Driving Test

• 22-11-2013 12:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭

I was hoping to apply for my driving test this week so that I could get a date in Feb. I have just logged into My EDT and seen this message:

You have completed all 12 Essential Driver Training Lessons. You can apply for your driving test on or after 01/01/2014.

So does that mean that I cannot apply until Jan? How long will I be waiting on a date?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

How long have you had your learners permit for?

You have to hold a learners permit 6 months before you can sit your test so maybe that could be it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

I applied for mine a few months ago, about two months after getting my permit. I'm just assuming once my 6 months are up I'll then be given a date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I called the RSA and they said I can apply now but I will not be put on the list until my 6 months are up (which is the end of Jan)

This would mean I would be waiting until March. But she said if I apply for a cancelation I can call them when my 6 months are up and get a closer date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

That stinks. I was hoping by applying early I might jump the queue. Do you need a letter from your employer or something like that to be able to apply for a cancellation, or is everyone entitled to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭kitten_k

That's what I thought too which is why I wanted to apply this week.

No as far as I know you don't need anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭Motor-Ed

kitten_k wrote: »
    I called the RSA and they said I can apply now but I will not be put on the list until my 6 months are up (which is the end of Jan)

This would mean I would be waiting until March. But she said if I apply for a cancelation I can call them when my 6 months are up and get a closer date.

As soon as 6 months are up ring them and you can get first available slot as there usually are gaps in the schedule

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭CurtisBoylan

Wait so this means I cannot apply now in advance of my 6 months being up? I planned to apply before Christmas so I can take the test straight away when my 6 months are up for Insurance reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

Wait so this means I cannot apply now in advance of my 6 months being up? I planned to apply before Christmas so I can take the test straight away when my 6 months are up for Insurance reasons.

Makes no difference I'd say. Once the 6 months is up you can book online. Use the reference number in your confirmation email, ring up asking for a cancellation test and you can literally pick one of the date and times that's free. You could sit the test the next day or in 10 days it's your choice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭CurtisBoylan

Days 298 wrote: »
    Makes no difference I'd say. Once the 6 months is up you can book online. Use the reference number in your confirmation email, ring up asking for a cancellation test and you can literally pick one of the date and times that's free. You could sit the test the next day or in 10 days it's your choice :)

I'm hoping that there won't be a huge wait for a cancelation though, my insurance is only valid until the end of Janurary and I need to pass by then haha ;D hopefully I pass first time

Advertisement