Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who do you trust?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

espinolman wrote: »
    Now meteorologists' and scientists' will want to keep their jobs and their careers so they are not going to talk about anything they are not 'supposed' to talk about that there is obviously a media blackout on such as chemtrails' .

Your just creating situations now so they'll fit in with the theory. You have no proof theirs a media blackout, nor any proof about chemtrails. As was mentioned before, rendition flights were found out, how come these chemtrail flights haven't been uncovered?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

King Mob wrote: »
    I don't speak German, and from the comments of the video it looks like there's some debate over the translation.
    I do speak German. The translation is (deliberately) awful, to the point where it misconstrues what is said.

Here's the simplest example, which you can verify for yourself:

Go to 1:20 in the video. The subtitle says:

[...] The registers report emissions of contrails at low altitudes [...]

This is faded out word by word as it is replaced by text from a document which says:

[...]Die aufzeichnungen belegen, dass dabei sehr geringen mengen von Düppeln ausgebracht wurden[...]

Use the translation tool of your choice to translate this german. It'll probably have problems with the word "Düppeln", but you can go somewhere like dict.leo.org to confirm that it is, in fact, the german for chaff.

Translated correctly, the statement should read:

[...]The records show, that very low levels of chaff were deployed [...]

For the record, the entire video is about a weather-man complaining about how the military were deploying chaff, which caused meteorological radar to show massive cloud cover that wasn't there at all. The skies were clear, but the meteorological services were reading the rapid formation of a massive cloud-bank.

So no-one was playing with contrails or the weather. Rather, the meteorologist in question was making the suggestion that the military were perhaps testing ways to generate false weather information.

The original article is from RTL - a mainstream, reputable broadcaster in Germany.

So that would make 3 for 3 on the reports quoted coming from mainstream media, but the non-mainstream translation of one being, quite frankly, so wrong that its virtually impossible it was a genuine misunderstanding.

espinolman wrote: »
    Now meteorologists' and scientists' will want to keep their jobs and their careers so they are not going to talk about anything they are not 'supposed' to talk about that there is obviously a media blackout on such as chemtrails' .

But the RTL article is about a meteorologist talking about what the military were doing and how it effected his work.

Its mainstream media, broadcasting a meteorologist making claims about ulterior motives for military activity disguised as "war games".

What it isn't is a meteorologist afraid to speak out, a story the mainstream won't cover, or anything at all to do with chemtrails.

Its your link. So far, its showing :
    - you trust the sources you think aren't trustworthy (RTL - mainstream media).
    - you are being misled by the ones you feel are more reliable (internet source adding the translation).
    - your own evidence belies your claim that the likes of meteorologists wouldn't speak out.

I think we're probably at the point where someone should claim that this internet mistranslation is deliberate disinfo spread by the military to sow confusion and doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,328 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

But what about the effects of chemtrails (which I'd love to know) how are they being covered up? Or is every meteorologist, climatologist and doctor as well as every news agency ever paid off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭NiallMH

Well OP one group of people I DONT trust are the ones that make living by staring into space and claiming all this 2012 End of times crap . People who study ancient calenders have no place on my trust list !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

2012 is not end of times. It's the government that spew that:rolleyes:

On topic,
    I try get as much information as possible myself. I look at all news, western based, eastern based.
    I ask people's opinions on the world all the time. Literally.

I read many books on history. This is important when coming to your conclusions as to how certains aspects in conflict arisen in todays world.

I also just pay attention to the world around me.
    I study body language fo ldeaders more importantly rather than been fooled by what they say.

I study as many aspects as I can possible.

When I was 12, I was over in America, and I had to stay in my cousins house during the day alot, when they'd all be gone to work and school

I sti and turn on the news, and sit in horror of the crap that goes on. The level pf english is actually bad too. No offence to Americans. But ratings only go up you have actual fighting on air. It actually makes people watch the news. Thats why CNN and fox news aways get the focus. If they are not fighting, it's spewing of eastern/Muslim hate. When it wasn't that.

It was bombs going off in Afghanistan, literally all you saw, was planes flying over at night, and dropping bombs.

Later in the newsroom, you get the responsse like "we are targeting terroriist and we got them" "getting oil you mean cough cough.

I was surprised that none of the newsstation covered much of the world, infact the only world news, was Iraq and afghanistan, and when Bush travelled too a UN meeting etc. That was it.

Then it was the weather.
    Seriously I only 12, and could even see how the media brainwash Americans.

NiallMH wrote: »
    People who study ancient calenders have no place on my trust list !

What's wrong with that?

mysterious wrote: »
    It was bombs going off in Afghanistan, literally all you saw, was planes flying over at night, and dropping bombs.

When was that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Sofa_King Good

Then it was the weather.
    Any Chemtrails?
    . Seriously I only 12, and could even see how the media brainwash Americans.

no problem with them shtowing the bombing, but I'd prefer it if they actually showed the destrucion.

Mysterious may I ask what age you are if you don't mind. For balance I am 24, but dont answer if you are uncomfortable to answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,328 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Seriously I only 12, and could even see how the media brainwash Americans.

Hang on a second. If the media brainwash Americans how come Bush had one of the lowest approval ratings for a president ever?
    How come so many people were against the war?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

I fuly trust the C.I.E, no problems with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

How come the ... got in a second time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

King Mob wrote: »
    Hang on a second. If the media brainwash Americans how come Bush had one of the lowest approval ratings for a president ever?
    How come so many people were against the war?

Because the people are waking up of course. ;)

Mysterious may I ask what age you are if you don't mind. For balance I am 24, but dont answer if you are uncomfortable to answer.

SKG, I suspect you're question has nothing to do with the topic directly. If you want to ask anyone about their personal life I suggest you send them a PM and ask them out on a date (flowers are optional).

• Advertisement

I ask people's opinions on the world all the time. Literally.

And do you listen to what they say if what they say goes against your personal beliefs?

6th wrote: »
    SKG, I suspect you're question has nothing to do with the topic directly. If you want to ask anyone about their personal life I suggest you send them a PM and ask them out on a date (flowers are optional).

:D:D:D. Point taken. Its just that the law is so strict about age these days;)

And do you listen to what they say if what they say goes against your personal beliefs?

Good question;)

I don't have an issue with people's personal belief's. I do have a hangup, when someone is repeating the agendas and nonsense they hear from T.V or brainwashed beliefs from someone else without questioning it. That is my biggest problem. I just can't give anyone any credit when they tell me things without questioning what they have retained. 6Th, I know my paitence run low sometimes, but there is sometimes a good reason for it, and again not always :D.
    I will completely de - register that person out of my head. In my belief, you cannot talk actual sense to someone who doesn't question what they are seeing, hearing, retaining etc. This is the kind of person is not in touch with reality. If you see me blanking someone this is why.

Regardless
    If they are
    Black
    Jew
    Intellegent
    Bush
    McCain
    My friend
    My enemy
    man with yellow spots.
    German etc...

They get treated the same with me.

In most cases they have'nt a clue what they are talking about.

For example. An American tells me his view on the world, and they spew all muslims are terrorist. Then I don't listen. If I had my way these people wouldn't exist. I don't need to hear crap from the T.V by someone else. I'm not always right, but I am someone who is aware and in touch with reality, I don't need these agendas to tell me how the world works. Awareness does this naturally. It's one of the biggest problems in the world today. It is precisely the reason why C.Ts exist. People are not aware of their surrounding's. So we get cot up, and many dysfunctions start arising, and people begin to questions this. This is why the majority of C.Ts rise from.

I do take into consideration everyone's opinion, whether right or wrong. I get many view's as I can, and then dicern all my info together. This way it gives you much clarity going on in the given situation. I found this great when it came to the Middleastern topics.

We are so used to been spoon fed the anti muslim **** on T.V, that it's refreshing to hear alot of real, normal, friendly muslims to speak their view. When you put the two sides together it makes more sense. I have met very intellegent people, and I've talk to heads that had degrees oozing out of them, but they were unable to things like this, tell's me that even been intellegent can be a major flaw in situation's like this. If I blank someone now you know why ;)

The ultimate form, of dicernment, is not to take on side, or more than the other, is balance.

I can watch right wing and left wing news equally, and come to get my understandings of the current situation far quicker, than if I were to watch one over the other.

P.S sofa king I turned 23 recently. It's not personal.:) Why may I ask?

Because the people are waking up of course. ;)

Thats cus they are choosen people on this planet, to help this process of awakening.

Yeah, and I'm not joking. That's all I'll say on that. I wouldn't want to let the cats out of the bag on this sentence:D

Thats cus they are choosen people on this planet, to help this process of awakening.

Yeah, and I'm not joking. That's all I'll say on that. I wouldn't want to let the cats out of the bag on this sentence:D

Sorry you dont want to let the cat out of the bag but you will get questioned on it.

• Do you believe that there are people who have been choosen/put in place around the world ito initiate this awakening?

• Do you believe you are one of these people?

• How are they people choosen?

• How do they receive their instructions?

• Advertisement

Sorry you dont want to let the cat out of the bag but you will get questioned on it.

• Do you believe that there are people who have been choosen/put in place around the world ito initiate this awakening?

• Do you believe you are one of these people?

• How are they people choosen?

• How do they receive their instructions?
    • Yes, part of the divine and law of the universe. When there is to much negative, positive comes in, if there is to much unbalance, balances comes.
    • It's called cycles. Right now we are in a cycle of depression, destruction, deception, chaos. Once it reaches rock bottom, the choosen people will naturally carry out there role.
    • Yes, I am. (not an easy purpose)
    • You are born in this way. it's a gift. When you have this gift, you use it and give it to the world. the cosmos gave you this, you must use it like a sun giving light to earth.
    P.S you can choose not to follow this path. I knew when I was very young. It's only now I remember. As someone said to me once, Your accessing the higher energies around you of the cosmos.

As someone said to me once, Your accessing the higher energies around you of the cosmos.

See I've heard this from a few people in very different ways, my own area of interest exposes me to a lot of similar ideas. Everyone believes their own path is the right one, doesnt mean they are right.

• Yes, part of the divine and law of the universe. When there is to much negative, positive comes in, if there is to much unbalance, balances comes.
    • It's called cycles. Right now we are in a cycle of depression, destruction, deception, chaos. Once it reaches rock bottom, the choosen people will naturally carry out there role.
    • Yes, I am. (not an easy purpose)
    • You are born in this way. it's a gift. When you have this gift, you use it and give it to the world. the cosmos gave you this, you must use it like a sun giving light to earth.
    P.S you can choose not to follow this path. I knew when I was very young. It's only now I remember. As someone said to me once, Your accessing the higher energies around you of the cosmos.

Wow. have you ever met another chosen one? Fair play for having the balls to say stuff like this but my understanding was that this was a similar new age theology to the alleged illumminati types.

Wow. have you ever met another chosen one? Fair play for having the balls to say stuff like this but my understanding was that this was a similar new age theology to the alleged illumminati types.

I've met two so far. it's not an easy path.

To put it into perspective from my way of it. It's like a firebird the phenoix rising from the ashes and taking flight again until it burns out and dies again, only to be reborn to repeat the cycle. In saying this, I automatically know my path. I actually knew very young. I did "forget" as we all do as we get cot up in this "reality"

It's great to have the fire, it's great to have the knowing, it's great to have the gift. But it too will soon burn out I will soon burn out and this reality will too burn out. I basically understand why it happens the way it does, and it never comes in words or thoughts, it just comes to you. Your basicaly are in synch of the cycles of life. Knowing this and living this reality is the hardest part.

So all in this reality will be replaced. It's like your looking at yourself driving a vehicle and knowing where you are to go and what your purpos is, can be overwhelming.So it's my mission to lead what is been shown to me.

You don't need instructions you just know.

Well I doubt this is going to be easy to understand:o But ask me something and I'll try my best to explain it.

so at the moment would you consider yourself a leader/follower of a greater power or a messenger?

And at the moment do you consider yourself more present in the spiritual/Ideal world rather than the material world?

And are you inferring you believe in reincarnation?

Genuine questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,305 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

No one source, but usually an assortment of sites.

Military.com is usually good. And when it's not, it's member will say so.:D

so at the moment would you consider yourself a leader/follower of a greater power or a messenger?

And at the moment do you consider yourself more present in the spiritual/Ideal world rather than the material world?

And are you inferring you believe in reincarnation?

Genuine questions.

I consider myself, a cosmic being living a human experience. My path, is to live this reality, and restore more balance in using my gifts. Spread the knowledge that comes via through me.

I believe, reincarnation can happen if your higher power wants to manifest it. I believe that not all of us reincarnate here. Our souls, continue. It's the concious part of the universe, does not take shape or form. But is the knowing part. Its the part of the universe that exist pre big band and after big bang. We all come from the same thing, the same source. Our souls now are just experiencing the human experience. We can maifest anywhere in the cosmos and appear anywhere. But this is form our manifestation is beyond my capability. This taps into interdimensional being.

From an early age, life experience taught me in special ways, that the material world was always just a test and a distraction of our true selves. When the other kids, followed the curriculam

I used to look outside,(I was about 4) and the clouds would pass, the birds flying by, and all that exist out there would speak to me. in away unique way. I'm not saying the birds or clouds would speak. But the cosmos was showing this reality to me and helping me to be aware and remember.

Of what is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I consider myself, a cosmic being living a human experience. My path, is to live this reality, and restore more balance in using my gifts. Spread the knowledge that comes via through me.

I believe, reincarnation can happen if your higher power wants to manifest it. I believe that not all of us reincarnate here. Our souls, continue. It's the concious part of the universe, does not take shape or form. But is the knowing part. Its the part of the universe that exist pre big band and after big bang. We all come from the same thing, the same source. Our souls now are just experiencing the human experience. We can maifest anywhere in the cosmos and appear anywhere. But this is form our manifestation is beyond my capability. This taps into interdimensional being.

From an early age, life experience taught me in special ways, that the material world was always just a test and a distraction of our true selves. When the other kids, followed the curriculam

I used to look outside,(I was about 4) and the clouds would pass, the birds flying by, and all that exist out there would speak to me. in away unique way. I'm not saying the birds or clouds would speak. But the cosmos was showing this reality to me and helping me to be aware and remember.

Of what is.

Very mystical altogether.

I actually am very surprised, I didn't get rediculed or put down, for speaking of such unusual "topics"

My advice to all of you, is simple. You all can gain this awareness. By simply been in the present moment, and tuning your senses, thoughts and feelings. You will be surpirsed what comes flooding in.

I'm gaining incredible knowledge this way. I'm lucky that I had the life experiences and the time, to tapp into the this.

You begin to "remember" again.

Kernel wrote: »
    Honourable mention for Deep Throat btw. Legend. (not the porno)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Throat

Interesting choice.

Deep Throat was either:

A man who betrayed his position of trust in order to serve what he felt were more important goals, but who upheld that trust in other conditions.

or

A man who sold a lie so convincing that even the most cynical pro- and anti- establishment types alike are likely to believe it without question - the perfect "disinfo" agent.

So if he told me something today...would I believe him? I don't know. I'd have to consider that he may be telling me a lie because his position demanded it and his morals didn't dand otherwise. His history with the FBI should leave no doubt that he was capable of such.

He may be telling me a lie because his morals demanded it and his position required that I not be told the truth. Given that he didn't go public and always denied being Deep Throat until after his death, this follows logically - he was willing to lie to preserve his position.

He may be telling me a lie because there's some deeper game being played, and none of us should trust anything from anyone who got to the position he did. This has nothing to do with Felt himself, but would be a logically implied possibility from a belief in a "government behind governments", NWO, or other such thing.

He may be telling me the truth.

Would I trust him? No more or less than I trust most other people. I certainly wouldn't just accept his word that something was true because he was in a position to know. I wouldn't accept it because it fitted to my existing world-view, or because the implications appealed to me, nor would I reject it because of the reverse.

Of course, if we accept that Felt was trustworthy to the public, and was willing to expose corruption at the highest levels because his conscience demanded it...then surely this also suggests that there are extreme flaws in the idea that government agencies are corrupt through and through. Felt was a Deputy Director of the FBI - in effect he was second in command. If he was trustworthy, how could the entire Bureau below him be a tool of corruption? If they were, and Felt knew it, then that is another mark against him, for he kept the trust on any amount of corruption that he should have exposed.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Caoimhín wrote: »
    I fuly trust the C.I.E, no problems with them.
    Oh you poor deluded fool, they are the biggest liars of them all

Just you try and get a straight answer out of them

"the train now departing on Platform one is the 6.30 Limrick train"

ya get on it and it turns out to be the 7.35 to Cork

Shower of Corrupt Lyin B@$tarsd

:D:D:D:D:D

What's wrong with that?

No I mean , for a living and then spin it round the world for a few royalties!

NiallMH wrote: »
    No I mean , for a living and then spin it round the world for a few royalties!

What is this quote in response too?

What is this quote in response too?

When I said I dont believe people who study ancient calenders etc you said whats wrong with that?
    - I think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 78john

In my last job, about 8 of us use the canteen @ same time ,and todays/yesterdays news would be topic of conversation and I couldnt help but almost pity how seriously they took some things.EVERYBODY has their own agenda, and if it is a part of your job to talk in the public, and you are not reading script, ie; you choose what to say, well 99.9999% of the people will spin things for their own good, blame is passed onto those least able to do anything about it, it is as it has always been and shall remain 4ever.
    The real truth is not spoken aloud....

78john wrote: »
    In my last job, about 8 of us use the canteen @ same time ,and todays/yesterdays news would be topic of conversation and I couldnt help but almost pity how seriously they took some things.EVERYBODY has their own agenda, and if it is a part of your job to talk in the public, and you are not reading script, ie; you choose what to say, well 99.9999% of the people will spin things for their own good, blame is passed onto those least able to do anything about it, it is as it has always been and shall remain 4ever.
    The real truth is not spoken aloud....

Including you?

WakeUp wrote: »

Haha totally agree!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 78john

Including you?

Yes, including me, my statement would mean nothing if I didn't include myself, if you know what i mean in a round about way:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭DubTony

bonkey wrote: »
    Interesting choice.

Deep Throat was either:

A man who betrayed his position of trust in order to serve what he felt were more important goals, but who upheld that trust in other conditions.

or

A man who sold a lie so convincing that even the most cynical pro- and anti- establishment types alike are likely to believe it without question - the perfect "disinfo" agent.

I read the book as a young teenager, (my old man had been sent a copy from America; that was a bid deal for us at the time :D), but I've never watched the film completely.

If I remember correctly (and we're talking about 30 years ago) Deep Throat rarely actually gave any specific information. Woodward and Bernstein were caught up in a puzzle as Deep Throat gave vague pointers to where they should be going. ("Follow the money" and stuff like that). In meetings Deep Throat didn't volunteer much information, he just didn't seem to deny it when certain truths were put to him.

Just an observation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭smithcity

Craaaab people, craaab people, taste like crab, talk like people!!!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Trust No one.

however I find that a lot of the 'Comedians' have the best line on 'Truth'
    Hicks, Carlin, and Jon stewart give the most honest apraisal of the situation

Threads merged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I was puzzled there for a bit, being a newcomer here.

Note that "Facts" can be checked, be 100% correct and yet can be presented to give the opposite impression to people that don't analyse carefully than what an unbiased, even handed report would give.

The organisational "Agenda" (which may be good or bad, that's not the point) eventually colours the culture of the news gatherers, script writers and presenters. They emphasis what is important to them and leave out what they think is unimportant, and may believe that they are honest and un-biased when they are not. They may also not have a "bigger picture".

It's important thus to be educated, never take things at face value, compare sources and who is funding them (Tea may be healthier than drinking water, but if that is funded by the Tea Council, is the emphasis right?), who is advertising, who they regard as an important "not to be alienated audience" etc..

Learn to think logically. Have some proper understanding of Statistics and Probability.

If a drug in a trial helps 30% of people...

* How big was the trial compared with % of people that get that disease?
    * How big was the trial in absolute terms?
    * Was it Double Blind?
    * What percentage helped by Placebo?
    * How did they defined "helped"?
    * What sort of "clumping" or clusters of cases can be attributed to random distribution, Random doesn't mean even.
    * Do you understand how big a Random Walk can be?
    Most media reports involving statistics on their own actually tell you nothing

Advertisement