Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knitting and stitching rds 2014

Options
  • 24-10-2014 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭

Anyone see any complimentary tickets for the show around the place?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

HI thinking of going to the show next saturday could someone tell me if i got off a bus in O Connell St how long would it take me to get to the Rds in a taxi and also approx price.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭duckling10

not sure about taxis, just want to say that you could get a bus from O'Connell Bridge to very near RDS Simmonscourt and then leave the taxi till the afternoon when you might be tired and laden down with lovely stuff!

here's what www.hittheroad.ie say about going from O'Connell St to RDS Simmonscourt by bus:
    • Walk for 1 minute (61 metres),
      to O'Connell St, O'Connell Bridge (stop #273)
    • Take the 7, 4 or 8 Bus, for about 14 minutes (14 stops) €2.35
      to Merrion Road, Shewsbury Park
    • Walk for 8 minutes (594 metres)
    Estimated 23 minutes (excluding waiting time)

hope that helps,
    d

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭TreasureBin

I've previously got a bus from the Quays (about half-way between Busarus and O'Connell Bridge) to just across the road from the main RDS entrance. But I can't remember which number!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Thanks for replies folks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Or check out the route planner on Dublin Bus, might be helpful:

http://www.dublinbus.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

I'm planning to go to this show tomorrow (Sunday). Getting train to Dublin Heuston arriving around 11AM. Would Luas from Heuston to Busaras, walk to Connolly and take DART from there to Sandymount be the easiest way to get from Heuston to Ballsbridge?

Also would love to hear if there are any discount codes on tickets. €16 seems so expensive.

Advertisement