Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Madden NFL 12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Is UnitedIrish man around for a match tonight? Was supposed to happen on Friday but he wasn't around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Stev_o wrote: »
    Is UnitedIrish man around for a match tonight? Was supposed to happen on Friday but he wasn't around.

I'm about all evening. When suits?

I'm about all evening. When suits?

How is now for you :P

Yeah sound out, good to go.

Falcons 14-28 Buccaneers

Now 2-1 after defeat today. Buccaneers good value for the victory given they'd more offensive yards in passing and rushing whilst the Falcons QB Tony Romo threw two important interceptions.

Tampa Bay took the lead with less than two minutes remaining in the second quarter after a throw from Josh Freeman to Williams inside the redzone. Not content with being just the seven points down, Tony Romo (playing like the real-life second half Romo) throws a pass into the arms of Patrick Peterson who takes it back for a TD.

The following drive sees the Falcons using a hurried offence in order to try get a score on the board before half-time with time ticking away. Austin catches a few attempts in a row before getting a TD on the stroke of half-time.

Freeman was having a cracking game however, and he managed to pick out Roddy White on a few occassions when his marker was on his back. Jernigan caught a short pass from Freeman midway through the third quarter to push the Bucs into a 21-7 lead that looked pretty unassailable given the defensive stamp the Bucs were putting on the game. Romo was more likely to throw a pick than a completion which also meant it was hard for Steven Jackson to get going either. It seemed as if the Bucs had their work done on defence. Bucs had a 67% completion rate on 3rd down compared to the Falcons 33% which is where the major difference lay - the Bucs were able to get it done when needed.

With a couple of minutes remaining White and Austin caught TD passes to leave the scoreline 28-14. The loss of Matt Forte could be troublesome for the Bucs in the coming weeks however, as he went off with a dislocated ankle.

Badly need to improve on my pass defence; my running game and to stop passing when I know it's just not on.

Well played Stevo, good game and best of luck.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Is that all of the games done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

One game left, the Cardinals have to play the CPU

Cheers man was a tough game, knew it was going to be tough after the first QTR. Just managed to get some critical first downs and really I think that interception for a TD changed the game. Took a lot of pressure of me. You pretty much had me at will with the hurry up offence couldn't do much about it and trying to contend with Jackson is awfully tough!

Im happy with myself with my passing think most of it is down to the receivers though making some great catches. Only bad note is Forte out for 3 weeks with a ankle injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Can my game be simulated? Because i cant use my new xbox yet cause my mate doesnt know his account password!(im using his xbox account)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Shane.C wrote: »
    Can my game be simulated? Because i cant use my new xbox yet cause my mate doesnt know his account password!(im using his xbox account)

Are you the Cards?

• Advertisement

yea im the Cardinals

yea im the Cardinals

Cool.

I will hop on in a minute to advance the league.

Once again ran my two game limit, simulate if you can santry. Once i get the new xbox going it wont go.

I dont know where the restarts thread is so i'll post it here, the first game xbox froze, 3rd Q, 14-17 to me. Second game xbox froze, 1st Q losing 7-0.

Once again ran my two game limit, simulate if you can santry. Once i get the new xbox going it wont go.

I dont know where the restarts thread is so i'll post it here, the first game xbox froze, 3rd Q, 14-17 to me. Second game xbox froze, 1st Q losing 7-0.

Hopefully you get your new Xbox soon mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joyce88

The moment you have waited for has come. You know what I mean....

I got Adrian Peterson to run for 136 yards and 2 touchdowns!

...What you mean that wasn't what you meant? Oh well thanks to AP I managed a Steelers 10 vs. 28 Texans win.
    Very sloppy game full of turnovers espically by the Steelers and a shocking performance by David Gerrard.

I've taken two whippings from Bertys Jets

Third time lucky :cool:

When are you free Berty? I'm good any evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

It's #1 v #2 in the power rankings this week.

When are you available Stev_o for our game? I'm available Mon, Tue, Wed evenings from 7 and Thursday at 9. Going to London for the Chicago/Tampa Bay game so not available at all this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

mikemac wrote: »
    I've taken two whippings from Bertys Jets

Third time lucky :cool:

When are you free Berty? I'm good any evening
    There is a first time for everything !!

Tuesday @9:45 Other than that I am around next Sat/Sun. Also should be around Thursday @ 10.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

empacher, When are you around to play our game?

I should be able to play most nights during the week,

Cheers

• Advertisement

McG wrote: »

When are you available Stev_o for our game? I'm available Mon, Tue, Wed evenings from 7 and Thursday at 9. Going to London for the Chicago/Tampa Bay game so not available at all this weekend.

Yeah im the same. So maybe Tuesday or Wednesday? Wednesday probably suits me better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Hi all,

Just saw that all the salaries, cap figures etc. have been included on the LM site. Probably a question for SantryRed of Raoul; does this mean that we will be applying cap rules in the offseason?
    This was brought up before the draft, and you guys had said that there was no cap so just wanted to check to besure.

Cheers lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Stev_o wrote: »
    McG wrote: »

Yeah im the same. So maybe Tuesday or Wednesday? Wednesday probably suits me better.

Wednesday @7 it is then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Hi all,

Just saw that all the salaries, cap figures etc. have been included on the LM site. Probably a question for SantryRed of Raoul; does this mean that we will be applying cap rules in the offseason?
    This was brought up before the draft, and you guys had said that there was no cap so just wanted to check to besure.

Cheers lads
    I know from talking to the lads that because it was a Fantasy Draft there will be no cap ever put in place. Had we gone with a Franchise using real teams it would make sense but not with Fantasy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

daftdave, when are you free?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭davetherave

daftdave, when are you free?
    Any time after 6 today or tomorrow.
    Before 11am Wednesday
    All day thursday.
    Don't have flight times handy but heading over the london on friday, I'd say evening so probably available morning/lunch time.

Whenever suits you :)

• Advertisement

Berty's Jets, Thursday evening is good for me

I'll reply back that day and we'll confirm a time

Thursday @ 8pm?

Broncos,

How's Weds? 7 or 8?

Thursday @ 8pm?

Yup, no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

SantryRed wrote: »
    Broncos,

How's Weds? 7 or 8?

Wednesday at 8 suits me perfectly. I got your friend request on Live, so cheers.

• Advertisement

Wednesday at 8 suits me perfectly. I got your friend request on Live, so cheers.

Great stuff.

Catch you then.

Beat the Seahawks (CPU) on a filthy wet day in the Qwest Stadium 10-0. As you can probably guess both offences were shocking. Romo had a QB rating of 33.3, Stafford had a laughable 9.1 rating.

My TD came from an interception in the fourth quarter deep in their half. My defence had a brilliant game and should have had at least 7-8 picks, Stafford was flinging everything to my cornerbacks and safeties.

Positives - Jackson running for over 120 yards. Managed to find some good passes at times using a new offence for the first time. And of course the D was superb.

Negatives - I'd nearly throw Tyler Thigpen in at this stage at QB, Romo wrecking my head. Had a few passes to guys who were open and was so close to throwing an interception. Oh and he's so damn slow at moving around, sacked a few times tonight.

So in all, anyone willing to do a decent trade for Romo? :o

I've got the new xbox up and running, so restarts should be few and far between from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

The Bills went to Cin Cin to face the Bengals. Cincinnati have a rookie head coach who's had an impressive start to the season. With a well fought 11-10 win over the 49ers. Coming into this game they are 2-1 by winning and losing all three of there games by 3 points or less.

The Bill's came into this game on a big high from a 27-6 win over the Patriots. Buffalo are 3-0 coming into the game.

The game starts with a Buffalo drive up the field to half way line. The Bengals make a big stop to force the Bills to punt. Cutler strides on to the field with an impressive wide receiving core. Containing Pierre Garcon, Jeremy Maclin and Santiono Holmes! With so many threats theres a reason that Cutler has some swagger this season ! . In his first drive Cutler finds Maclin on a 60 yard pass to make it 7-0 .

Buffalo need to strike back, Danny Woodhead is having a break out year! On a inside hand off . Patrick Chung slams Woodhead at the line of scrimmage forcing a fumble. The Bengals are running in the ball for a touchdown ! Its a bird, Its a plane , No its Tim Tebow! Who slams Chung out of bounds at the 7 yard line ! The Bills force the Bengals to kick a field goal on an impressive goaline stand.

The Bills again cannot get anything going so punt away. Cutler looks for Hernadez on a 3rd and long only for Larry English to pick it off. The Bengals keep the bills to a field goal with 1;42 left on the clock. Its all Cin Cin so far tonight !

Now the Bengals are at home and decide to play some west coast offensive before the end of the half ! Hernandez at tight end was finding the mis matches in the midfield and the Bengals sweep up the field to the Bills 5 yard line ! With 36 seconds left on the clock . The Bengals throw to Garcon and Deandre Levy at line backer leaps into the air and intercepts the ball ! Garcon tries to tackle him on the 5 yard line, Levy breaks the tackle and brings it to the house for 6 ! 101 yard return ! Thats a momentum changer!

The Bengals head coach tries to scream himself back in time before he throws the interception to no avail ! :pac:

The scores at half time are 10-10

The second half see the Bengals receive and start to move the ball up the field . Cutler tries Holmes on a slant and he's intercepted Jarbari Greer who runs into the endzone for another 6! The Bills D is changing the game . The score is now 17-10 at the end of the third quarter.

With 4 minutes left on the clock the Bengals get up to the Bills 23 yard with a 4-3. The Bengals decide to take the field goal and stop the Bills offensive like they've done all game. Buffalo need to run down the clock to prevent Cincinnati having time on the clock to push up the field.

Danny Woodhead converts a massive 3rd down for 44 yards ! Putting the Bills into field goal range ! The next 3 plays are ineffective run plays. Buffalo kick the 3 points to go up 20-13.

The Bills squib it , The Bengals start on there own 40 yard line with 15 seconds left. Cutler completes a 14 yard pass which is run out of bounds to keep 10 seconds on the clock. The Bills go 3 deep, Jason Taylor rolls back the years and beats two men to sack Cutler in the pocket. The clocks run down to 0 and the bills defense drags there team to a victory !

The Bills go 4-0
    The Bengals go 2-2

Players of the game
    Danny Woodhead (HB) 19 attempts 118 yards , 1 fumble
    Deandre Levy (LB) 2 tackles 1 interception

Jeremy Maclin (WR) 3 recpetions 109 yards one touchdown
    Patrick Chung (SS) 4 tackles 1 forced fumble

Cheers for the game and the chat. Really enjoyed it ! I dont know how i came out with the win in this one. You've got some offense , add to the fact you throw to all of your weapons, I'm glad i only have to play you once in the regular season.

Im loving writing my results post's on a Monday night. Keeps me up for MNF. Add to the fact its my beloved Jets this week.

P.S We are the J-E-T-S , JETS ! JETS ! JETS !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Cheers for the game and the chat. Really enjoyed it ! I dont know how i came out with the win in this one. You've got some offense , add to the fact you throw to all of your weapons, I'm glad i only have to play you once in the regular season.

Im loving writing my results post's on a Monday night. Keeps me up for MNF. Add to the fact its my beloved Jets this week.

Yeah thanks for the game and the chat Dave, very enjoyable despite the outcome. Bills are very impressive on the lines.
    Now if I just stop throwing interceptions with Jay Cutler...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,792 ✭✭✭Raoul

Berty44 wrote: »
    I know from talking to the lads that because it was a Fantasy Draft there will be no cap ever put in place. Had we gone with a Franchise using real teams it would make sense but not with Fantasy.

Why would it not work? I think it would work just the same. Or would hardly any teams go over the cap limit? Is that it?

I applied the nfl salaries on the LM site, mainly just to see what they were more than anything.

LM site down for anyone else?

EDIT - NVM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Patriots 17-31 Raiders

Finally got my first win of the season. Had to grind it out against the CPU.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

adrian522 wrote: »
    empacher, When are you around to play our game?

I should be able to play most nights during the week,

Cheers

Has anyone heard from empacher (Eagles)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

here im also around most nights, free now will 7 if your around

• Advertisement

Limpar, just making sure that you know I have pmmd you.

empacher wrote: »
    here im also around most nights, free now will 7 if your around
    Just seeing this now. You around tomorrow at 7?

I know that cpu trades aren't allowed because the cpu is stupid enough to think that he is getting a good deal by trading Tom Brady and his first round pick for a punter.......but hypothetically if I were looking to trade my C-potential X-overall rating Y-position player for a cpu owned C-potential X-2 overall rating Y-position player?
    Would this still be a no-no??

Or is there a contingency, for want of a better word, for cpu trades or can I propose the trade to the league to vote yay or nay?

Hey Guy's,

I need to leave the Franchise for a few weeks as I am going on holdays at the weekend.

I thought I would be able to play this weeks game but unfortunately I will not be able to do so,

Could Raoul or Santry Red boot me from the franchise please?

I am the 49ers. I should be able to rejoin in mid-November as long as no-one takes my team.

I had a trade offered to the cardinals, I'd like that to go through if Shane C still wants to go ahead and it shouldn't be considered trading with a CPU team.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Hey Guy's,

I need to leave the Franchise for a few weeks as I am going on holdays at the weekend.

I thought I would be able to play this weeks game but unfortunately I will not be able to do so,

Could Raoul or Santry Red boot me from the franchise please?

I am the 49ers. I should be able to rejoin in mid-November as long as no-one takes my team.

I had a trade offered to the cardinals, I'd like that to go through if Shane C still wants to go ahead and it shouldn't be considered trading with a CPU team.

Its better if you just leave the franchise yourself as it is easier to get back in.
    Your team will be reserved for you.

And at Dave: Unfortunately, it is too much hassle to allow cpu trades and while some people might say a trade is fair there will always be people that will disagree. So it just avoids conflict within the league by disabling it altogether.

Cheers, I'll leave the franchise this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

adrian just wondering is our trade good to go?

Yeah, I had offered it on league manager but cancelled it as you did not respond.

I will offer it again on xbox before I leave the franchise this evening

I was trying to accept the 49rs trade offer but it wont let me because i haven't completed my game week, would it be okay if i played my cpu game now? i already attempted twice on the old xbox, my new xbox wont freeze or get rrod midway through the game.

• Advertisement

I was trying to accept the 49rs trade offer but it wont let me because i haven't completed my game week, would it be okay if i played my cpu game now? i already attempted twice on the old xbox, my new xbox wont freeze or get rrod midway through the game.

You are allowed an extremely generous three attempts, so go ahead.

Advertisement