Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Close Combat III - any one know where I can buy it?

Options
  • 11-12-2002 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I downloaded the strategy sym Close Combat III (Microsoft) and go totally hooked - it's sort of an Alpha Centaury type game set on the Russian front. Now, I am a history buff and was amased by the attention to detail on the various units (although the Ferdinant tank did not have a coax MG34 when it first swa battle in the Kursk offencive but was only fitted later... now you really needed to know that I'm sure :D )

However, its an old game and I can not find any on-line shop where I can get the full version.

Any ideas,

The Duke : ))

Note: Another cool demo game is Combat Mission: From Barbarossa to Berlin. But it is turn based and that takes from the action a little.

I think I am going to leave the FPS, such as MOHAA, behind for a while untill the catch up a little on the atmosphere... getting tired of games with great graphics but booring linear play.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭pertinax

Its a hard game to get hold of alright. Its the first game i installed after i reformatted my pc :). I do love cc3.
    I'd say try ebay:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1944402501

When you get it you can give us a tinkle and maybe have an unline bash ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Its a Mircosoft game so see if u can get it from them?

Me> big Close Combat Nut!

CC2 is my fav. except that its nigh on impossiable to break thru as the allies. Also best scenario Operarion Market Garden and u get to play Paras, US Airbourne, Polish and Canadians (i think?)

Come on the triple x >XXX (30th Tank corp.)

CC4 and CC5 where good, really like cc4 (Battle of the Bulge) except u cant edit yur units.

Anyone up for some Major CC Campaigns in DNC over Xmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TheDuke

Hi guys,

thanks for the reply. Can't get it from MS either - they just send you on to anther site. Tried ebay, amazon, u name it... nothing at all.

I've played the demo from the German side most of the time. Just tried it from the Russian side but keep getting my ass kicked because of the Ferdinant tank - none of the Russian guns will take it out - any hints.

Also, I'm way to novice to take on anyone in a one to one - unless of course you hang youself upside down form the ceiling with a towel arround your head after consuming a bottle of whiskey :D . Let me practice first - then I'll give it a shot - but only with my good buddy Ferdinant.

I'll keep looking... talk to you,

The Duke :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Game and Smtihs both have this title in stock.
    The ones in d.22 anyway cos i seen it on monday.

looking for cheap game for pressies and seen that ,one of them had a pack with the 3 games in it for €24.

Check the Sold out website thats the budget range its in.
    kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

try Duchet , haven't checked if they have it but its the best site around for mail order strategy games, i've ordered a number of them from them, they deliver quick and cheaply.

I'd also advise you to get CCII and CCIV. Close Combat II was probably the best of the games tho, the larger they made the maps and therefore more armor used means that the infamous 'dance of death' the AFV's get up to at times ruins it. CCII is perfectly scaled, and leans more to infantry combat.

Theres tons of mods out on the net for the games too, including complete reworkings like the Okinawa Mod for CCV. If you had posted this in the strategy forum i'd have seen it earlier :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement