Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

AUDI A4 1.8T ESP issue.

Options
  • 23-11-2013 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭

Posting this on behalf of my brother.

So, the brother turned on the ESP on his car the last day, thought nothing more of it but now it will not switch off (Dash light is still on), this now causes the car to have a loss in power in 1st and 3rd gear.

I switched it on/off and it still remains on so I disconnected the battery for him then reconnected it, then he took it for a short spin as recommended in the Audi manual and still the light remains on.

Anyone experience this or something similar?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,588 ✭✭✭tossy

What generation A4 is it?

Car will have to be scaned to see what the fault is,i would say it might be just an dodgy ESP switch but the loss of power sounds like somethinhg else is at play.

Where is he based?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

tossy wrote: »
    What generation A4 is it?

Car will have to be scaned to see what the fault is,i would say it might be just an dodgy ESP switch but the loss of power sounds like somethinhg else is at play.

Where is he based?

Shes 2004 if that is any good to you, dont know what Gen it is. Very odd the problems, it has to be an ESP issue with the loss of power can't understand why though. Bit of a coincidence it losing power when the ESP would not turn off.

The car was running perfect till then.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,588 ✭✭✭tossy

ESP light can come on for a whole host of reasons not all of them to do with ESP - it can also be a way of letting you know the car is in limp mode.

Where is the care based?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

tossy wrote: »
    ESP light can come on for a whole host of reasons not all of them to do with ESP - it can also be a way of letting you know the car is in limp mode.

Where is the care based?

Car is based in Kerry, so it's a bit far for you if you have a diagnostic thingy :). Thanks for the info though, appreciate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ian87

I have a basic diagnostic machine and am in Tralee over the weekend if you want me to have a look?

• Advertisement
Advertisement