Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Sounds like the intro to Jetstream by Doves played on a loop. I'm on my phone and can't make it out too well.

The song is clearer in some parts of the videos more than others. Youre right about the name of the song though, Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Hanskrankl

Cool thread, only found it now! So can anyone help me, looking for the singer and song from the current Criminal Minds advert on RTE, it's a female singer, thanks!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Hanskrankl wrote: »
    Cool thread, only found it now! So can anyone help me, looking for the singer and song from the current Criminal Minds advert on RTE, it's a female singer, thanks!

Not sure if it's the same add but this one is on an RTÉ ad that has Criminal Minds in it...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Anyone able to identify the piece in the background?

Thats 'Illumination' by Nigel William Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Hanskrankl

Not sure if it's the same add but this one is on an RTÉ ad that has Criminal Minds in it...

Brilliant that's the one! Thanks a mill, cool song!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 seller285

What's the name of the song on the AIB mortgages calculator ad etc? This was asked earlier in the thread but no one knew. It's not the one that has Petardu by Delorentos playing by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭dmullins3

Anyone have any idea of a song that contains the lyrics 'you make me feel so good' and 'i need you to know'

I heard this song on the radio a few weeks back. Didnt get to shazam it and so I just made a note of those 2 lines of the song on my phone.

Tried googling it but no luck

I can't even remember the tune of the song or how those 2 lines are sung but I know I'd recognise it straight away if I heard it again.

As far as I can recall, it sounds like and 80's song, sung by an man older man, maybe 40+ but probably 1 or 2 decades older. It may be a love song/wedding song. I think it's relatively upbeat. Not Irish I think

Sorry this is all so vague but I'd be so grateful if anyone knew what I was talking about. Oh and one last thing, in the first line I have in the title, it might not end with 'good'. That could be a false memory.

Still no idea what the song is but for the record its 1 man that sings it. No woman involved and I'm almost certain its not a band.
    Also, hoping this doesn't come off as racist but he sounds white

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Anyone know that folky/acoustic song that is on the TV in an ad at the moment where it shows pictures and clips of older Dublin? I think it's an ad for Brennans bread and the lyrics are: "i'll take you back back to the days when we lived for each other"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

dmullins3 wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea of a song that contains the lyrics 'you make me feel so good' and 'i need you to know'

I heard this song on the radio a few weeks back. Didnt get to shazam it and so I just made a note of those 2 lines of the song on my phone.

Tried googling it but no luck

I can't even remember the tune of the song or how those 2 lines are sung but I know I'd recognise it straight away if I heard it again.

As far as I can recall, it sounds like and 80's song, sung by an man older man, maybe 40+ but probably 1 or 2 decades older. It may be a love song/wedding song. I think it's relatively upbeat. Not Irish I think

Sorry this is all so vague but I'd be so grateful if anyone knew what I was talking about. Oh and one last thing, in the first line I have in the title, it might not end with 'good'. That could be a false memory.

Still no idea what the song is but for the record its 1 man that sings it. No woman involved and I'm almost certain its not a band.
    Also, hoping this doesn't come off as racist but he sounds white

Not this by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Frank le tank

Does anyone know the music from the Vodafone advert on radio stations at the moment. Also seen a Vodafone advert in the cinema with the same music. It's driving me mad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Its Only Ray Parlour

Anyone know what the name of this song is?

I used to have stuck in my head back in 1998/1999/2000 from falling asleep on the couch if rolled over the remote and switched on the Sky Digital TV guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Its Only Ray Parlour

I used to have stuck in my head back in 1998/1999/2000 from falling asleep on the couch if rolled over the remote and switched on the Sky Digital TV guide.

Requiem by Bass Ryder

Gits_bone wrote: »

not that, but thanks anyway. think it's less mainstream but you've the right idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭IamNotNumber

Was(Not Was) or something like that..was a big hit years ago?

shake your head .found it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Sky No Saints - David Hughes, Danny Griffiths, John Murphy

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

Anyone know the song playing at 5 minutes in this video? Or which collection of songs it may be?

http://www.amoeba.com/live-shows/detail-2511/#cat-most_recent_shows/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Anyone know the name of the theme tune for Today FM's Premier League Live show?

I know that I know it, but it's doing my head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Does anyone know the music from the Vodafone advert on radio stations at the moment. Also seen a Vodafone advert in the cinema with the same music. It's driving me mad

Ça Plane Pour Moi - Plastic Bertrand.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bemak

Anyone know the song in this ad. I usually get these things with Shazam but there's too much talking over it. Sounds great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlv6f9T39pQ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Hey Folks,

Fairly tricky one here but there's an advert running on the British stations at the moment with some red haired fellow. The advert is says something along the lines of 'Run With..... whatever his name is'. I'm trying to figure out what the tune is. It's from the 80s I think and probably a fairly forgotten band at this stage. It sounds somewhat Cafe Penguin Orchestra.

Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭uggybear

There's a song that was played at the end of RTÉ's 6 Nations programme and on "Against The Head" in a montage with the lyrics in the main chorus: "let's get over it!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

What band/song is this on part 3, 38.5 seconds on the Anton Savage show 23/3/15?

(Don't you just hate it when you hear a cracking song and the presenter fails to mention who it is?).

http://www.todayfm.com/player/listen_back/13751/19077/23rd_March_2015_-_The_Anton_Savage_Show_Part_3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Kettleson wrote: »
    What band/song is this on part 3, 38.5 seconds on the Anton Savage show 23/3/15?

(Don't you just hate it when you hear a cracking song and the presenter fails to mention who it is?).

http://www.todayfm.com/player/listen_back/13751/19077/23rd_March_2015_-_The_Anton_Savage_Show_Part_3

I presume you mean 38.5 minutes?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭connacht100

Hey anyone any idea what this song is?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 hypochondriac

Do you know what artist/song title did UPC Ireland use in their Horizon My Prime advertisement, recorded with Dave Fanning ?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Do you know what artist/song title did UPC Ireland use in their Horizon My Prime advertisement, recorded with Dave Fanning ?

Busy Earnin' by Jungle, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

1:07 in. It sounds familiar and very like Brian Eno but I'm drawing a blank:

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭geneva geneva4444

Hello, apologies in advance....

I heard a song on the radio today which I hadn't heard in years and they never gave out the name of it at the end. It's mostly an instrumental song with a kind of Lion King ish feel to it. I think it may have been used as backing music in the Olympics or World Cup before but thats going back a decade or more at this stage. The chorus goes like this...

Oh eye oh eye yeaaahhh, oh eye yi. Ahhhhhh yeah.

If someone gets this from my rubbish line above, I'll be seriously impressed.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Hello, apologies in advance....

I heard a song on the radio today which I hadn't heard in years and they never gave out the name of it at the end. It's mostly an instrumental song with a kind of Lion King ish feel to it. I think it may have been used as backing music in the Olympics or World Cup before but thats going back a decade or more at this stage. The chorus goes like this...

Oh eye oh eye yeaaahhh, oh eye yi. Ahhhhhh yeah.

If someone gets this from my rubbish line above, I'll be seriously impressed.

Thanks

Enigma - Return to Innocence maybe?

Advertisement