Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to Re-pressurise Glow Worm 18 si Boiler?

• 01-03-2014 3:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

I just bled a radiator and now I can't get the system going because I don't know how to adjust the system pressure on the boiler.It has a digital display reading 0.0Bar.I don't have an instruction manual and I can't find anything on the net that would help.
    Underneath the boiler it has three taps.Two red ones,one yellow.The one on the left has a Radiator icon with a down arrow beside it.The right had side one has the Radiator icon with an Up arrow beside it.
    Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

You need to post a pic of under the boiler and your hotpress.
    Other wise your looking for a steel braided flexible hose with a valve on it to repressure boiler it should be set at 1 bar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭todolist

Ok,I'll take a pic of the underneath of the boiler

Nothing there of any use.
    Take pic of hotpress and any valves in it

Hotpress? Surely the valves of the boiler itself are what need adjusting?

• Advertisement

The valves under the boiler just close off the boiler the red ones are water and the yellow is gas all they do is open and close and have no bearing on pressure whatsoever

ok,I'll have to empty the hotpress and take a decent pic.Take a few minutes

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=BE219DD38ACE60B4!203&authkey=!AEgwwCZu3Ioeo3U&v=3&ithint=photo%2c.jpg
    The steel flexible hose marked with black line needs to be connected to the two silver coloured valves marked red.
    Disconnect the blanking caps on the two silver valves then connect the steel hose to these then open silver valve on right the one with the black knob on it and fill heating to 1bar when done and finished disconnect everything in reverse order.
    If your not confident undoing this yourself call in a plumber.
    Hope this had been of some help to you

Thanks Robbie.I'm going to try that now.Get back to you later.Appreciate the advice.

• Advertisement

Sorry to bother you again Robbie.Just wondering if I need to switch off anything before I attempt this?

Just make sure the black knob on the silver valve is off.When you open the blank cap you could a little bit of water very slight any more than that and there's a problem

Hi Robbie,Just followed your instructions and it worked perfectly.Thanks a million for your help.Much appreciated.

Advertisement