Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mitsubishi Colt headlight bulb change?

• 30-11-2013 7:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,im looking for a bit of help with replacing a headlight bulb on a 2008 colt,i have had a google but theres not much info out there,i have even taken the passenger side front wheel off to get better access and have got out the old bulb by brute force really but cant get the new one in and seated properely,its a bad design,im surprised how difficult it is and have wasted an hour trying and if anyone has done one they might give me a few tips,regards

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You need to make sure you didn't damage the wire clip when you took the old bulb out.
    Make sure the wire clip can clip in without the bulb in place.

Then put the bulb loosely in and turn till you feel it click in. Then put the clip back on. Familiarising yourself with how the clip sits in without the bulb being there will help you a lot.
    Practice with the old bulb, and make sure the new bulb is the same type.

Taking a picture with your camera phone will show you where the tab on the bulb is, ie what direction the bulb is to be turned.

Might be obvious, but clip goes on first, then wiring plug.

You could undo more bolts and drop the wheel arch liner if you need more space to work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭minterno

hi colm,tx for the reply,i took out the old bulb without taking off the clip(how do I get the clip off if I need to}I pulled out the bulb so far and roze the nose and it popped out,i could feel the clip pulling it back but as I had no manual it was done blind,cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Does this make sense?

f5tg.jpg

Unplug wiring, clip off the top bit, it hinges down and bulb comes out.

You may have bent the clip out of place.

hi colm,their a different setup than mine,was able to stick the phone up under the arch and take a snap,i might have a look at the drivers side tomorrow and take a snap with the bulb in place and it might make more sense,i tried to upload the pic but cant,the recess for the bulb has 3 clips that are like little paper clips and there must be some knack to get them in and out,i read a post online which suggests that the bulb hould pop out easy and pop in with a little bit of pressure but its not working for me,the design in a joke,you cant see what your doing and the access hatch is only suitable for child like hands,regards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

My sister has a 06 one and her hubby tried to change the bulb and failed. He managed to remove the old one but damaged the clip. It's a while back but I remember the clip set up being an oddball one.

I removed the headlamp to repair the clip which meant dropping the bumper on one side, easy to remove and refit though.

• Advertisement

dieselbug wrote: »
    My sister has a 06 one and her hubby tried to change the bulb and failed. He managed to remove the old one but damaged the clip. It's a while back but I remember the clip set up being an oddball one.

I removed the headlamp to repair the clip which meant dropping the bumper on one side, easy to remove and refit though.
    thanks,i might have bent the lower clip,will take a snap of the other one and compare,regards

got it sorted,had to drop the bumper as suggested by dieselbug , very bad design and it will be in to the garage with it in future,cheers

Advertisement