Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone played the Ibanez S Series? Premium vs Prestige

• 03-03-2015 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Looking to buy a guitar from the S series - beautiful guitars.

I could pay 1100 quid for a new "Premium", which no doubt would be great, but I've seen some guitars going on adverts for a bit less that are "Prestige", coming with a hard case, better tech, and manufactured in Japan (currently there's none with the top I like available).

This will be my only guitar for years to come, is it worth waiting for a good deal on Adverts? (Could be years...), or should I buy the premium and have peace of mind that what I'm getting is new, albeit not as good as could have been

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

It's been a long time since I played an Ibanez but I would certainly recommend a Japanese Prestige model over an Indonesian Premium one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Ravelleman wrote: »
    It's been a long time since I played an Ibanez but I would certainly recommend a Japanese Prestige model over an Indonesian Premium one.

I remember Voodoo_Chil(e)d had the j-custom collection that was mighty nice.

Those were the great days . . . sigh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

I've played RG-370, RG-550, Premiums and actually prefer a well set up 'cheap as chips' RG-270 (it has the nice fast rosewood neck - not the wizard), drop in DiMarzio Steve Vai Evolutions and the Edge Pro bridge.

Be about 80% cheaper and not a million miles off (sound wise) something from good folks at Team J Craft perhaps?

Sure get a couple of these and do lessons, with all that change invest in a sweet hot all tube amp instead, that's where the real sound will be coming from, oui?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Be aware of the floods of fake Ibanez JEM UV Steve Vai Signature type models out there too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

The Prestige are nice guitars. The switches and pots aren't the best but are easily replaced if need be.
    I've also swapped out the pups in mine but that was a preference thing.

Other than that they play great.

• Advertisement
Advertisement