Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Student Card Query

• 22-08-2014 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

My sister has a UCD student card that was issued to her in 2011. That is the only date that appears on the card and there is no expiry. As far as I know this is the only student card she gets as she doesn't get one every year in UCD, she'll be taking the train for a few weeks now. Will this suffice if she's asked for her student ID? Anyone in UCD had this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

My sister has a UCD student card that was issued to her in 2011. That is the only date that appears on the card and there is no expiry. As far as I know this is the only student card she gets as she doesn't get one every year in UCD, she'll be taking the train for a few weeks now. Will this suffice if she's asked for her student ID? Anyone in UCD had this problem?

If she is availing of student rates on public transport she needs to have the student travel card (which doubles as a leap card) or if caught be fined on the spot for not having a valid ticket....

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭KeepTheFaith

If she is availing of student rates on public transport she needs to have the student travel card (which doubles as a leap card) or if caught be fined on the spot for not having a valid ticket....

No as far as I know Irishrail now accepts College ID and the travelcard is no longer a requirement. My only concern is the fact that the student card was issued in 2011 and has no expiry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,239 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

She may be interested in knowing that this year is 2014 and not 2011.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

No as far as I know Irishrail now accepts College ID and the travelcard is no longer a requirement. My only concern is the fact that the student card was issued in 2011 and has no expiry.
    She could get a letter from UCD to say that she's currently enrolled as a full/part time student. I'm not sure if that would suffice for Irish Rail (probably best to check with them directly) as I always have a student travel card but I've had other problems because of the lack of expiry date on the student ID and needed to get a letter to prove I'm still a student.
    She may be interested in knowing that this year is 2014 and not 2011.
    2011 is when the card was issued, depending on the degree she could be in UCD for 5 or 6 years and the card will still say 2011.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

As usual, all is answered on the Irish Rail website:

http://www.irishrail.ie/fares-and-tickets/students
    College ID's which have no expiry date but have an issue date are valid for 4 years from date of issue.

• Advertisement

She could get a letter from UCD to say that she's currently enrolled as a full/part time student. I'm not sure if that would suffice for Irish Rail (probably best to check with them directly) as I always have a student travel card but I've had other problems because of the lack of expiry date on the student ID and needed to get a letter to prove I'm still a student.

2011 is when the card was issued, depending on the degree she could be in UCD for 5 or 6 years and the card will still say 2011.

Thanks for the helpful reply. It's only for a few weeks so she may be better just pay the adult fair to avoid the hassle.

lxflyer wrote: »
    As usual, all is answered on the Irish Rail website:

http://www.irishrail.ie/fares-and-tickets/students

Don't know how I missed that myself. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,239 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Apologies, I read it as a CIE ID and not a college one.

Advertisement