Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How far minus can you go on a Leap Card?

Options
  • 22-08-2014 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry to ask it doesn't really matter now, but how far minus can you go on a leap card? I thought it was a fiver, and I thought there was capping, but it didnt work for me yesterday so I'm just curious.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭xalot

As far as I know you have to be in balance at the start of your journey, even if it's just 1 cent.
    Once you have a negative balance you cant tag on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

You can only go minus once. the card needs to have a positive balance for the validators to use credit.

The deposit is 5euro to allow for services such as Irish Rail with a high tag on amount, currently 4.60.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

That makes sense then. Not a complaint I mean, I was just unaware.

Advertisement