Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NBRU

• 20-08-2014 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,302 ✭✭✭✭

Quick question folks , busses arnt involved in this strike coming up at all are they ?? even though some are nbru members

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Quick question folks , busses arnt involved in this strike coming up at all are they ?? even though some are nbru members

Its only the rail. Busses wont be striking unless this becomes long term or things turn real nasty imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,302 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Infini2 wrote: »
    Its only the rail. Busses wont be striking unless this becomes long term or things turn real nasty imo.

hopefully not , everyone all out would be a disaster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

They have us all split and they done this for that exact reason so there is always another option running.

They will let them strike for a few days and then union will say they done all they can and if yee don't come back the jobs will be gone.

Exactly like they done to be and db.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

They have us all split and they done this for that exact reason so there is always another option running.

They will let them strike for a few days and then union will say they done all they can and if yee don't come back the jobs will be gone.

Exactly like they done to be and db.

Dont be so sure of that it could well go the other way and escalate expecially given the far more militant stance of the NBRU.

Also remember with dublin bus it was threatened to pull BE and IR out as well before they came to an agreement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,567 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Apart from the dart and a few suburban lines around Dublin would the general public care if it went longterm... And what chance of the company going bust...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Yes in Cork it would, trains to Cobh and Midleton plus Mallow would be suburban so we would notice. I think Cork-Dublin mainline less so because of the bus connections with the motorway making it even quicker. On an even more serious note If the "lost" passengers on the Cork route don't return after the strike it could spell the end ot intercity rail as we know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭steveblack

NBRU top brass have family working within CIE in good jobs.
    Feck all chance of the NBRU rocking the boat, might deny promotion prospects for the kids.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Markcheese wrote: »
    Apart from the dart and a few suburban lines around Dublin would the general public care if it went longterm... And what chance of the company going bust...

A lot of people relying on those could end up needing two buses each way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,567 ✭✭✭Markcheese

roundymac wrote: »
    Yes in Cork it would, trains to Cobh and Midleton plus Mallow would be suburban so we would notice. I think Cork-Dublin mainline less so because of the bus connections with the motorway making it even quicker. On an even more serious note If the "lost" passengers on the Cork route don't return after the strike it could spell the end ot intercity rail as we know it.

A few coaches would probably cover all the cork suburban routes ,(the awkward one would be mallow route... Getting from north side to glammire road...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,141 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Markcheese wrote: »
    A few coaches would probably cover all the cork suburban routes

ah shur the same for the dart, a load of busses can cover those. or even better, lets hope a deal is reached.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

steveblack wrote: »
    NBRU top brass have family working within CIE in good jobs.
    Feck all chance of the NBRU rocking the boat, might deny promotion prospects for the kids.

You can't say that out loud ;-) It might affect them getting nice jobs when they transfer to the NTA , I'm alright jack .

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

is Michael Flaherty still in the NBRU? Haven't heard from him for a while, although if it's true what I've heard, it's understandable why he didn't get involved in the DB dispute!

devnull wrote: »
    is Michael Flaherty still in the NBRU? Haven't heard from him for a while, although if it's true what I've heard, it's understandable why he didn't get involved in the DB dispute!

Cause the daughter works in head office;)

Cause the daughter works in head office;)

That is what i was alluding to (although it always makes me laugh how the company make sure to use the Irish version of her name!)

But I thought she worked for Dublin Bus? Normally he'd get involved in non DB disputes, but I only see Dermot O'Leary's name being mentioned these days.

It does make me laugh though how you could possibly have a carry on where the union leaders daughter is on the opposite side. Surely that cannot be ideal for either side?

It's a true Irish scenario though!

That is what i was alluding to (although it always makes me laugh how the company make sure to use the Irish version of her name!)

But I thought she worked for Dublin Bus? Normally he'd get involved in non DB disputes, but I only see Dermot O'Leary's name being mentioned these days.

It does make me laugh though how you could possibly have a carry on where the union leaders daughter is on the opposite side. Surely that cannot be ideal for either side?

As far as I know he has or is retired/retiring.

She uses the Irish name as to put others off as she got in there with no help from any family/relations;):pac::D

Some connected to the NBRU deny they are related but in NBRU terms that's not a scandal you should ask what happened to the last El presidente ;-)

Either way, the fact that such a situation was even allowed to happen doesn't give me confidence in the industrial relations of either party.

Can you imagine, if true and they are related, how you can actually run either side of such a dispute and the conversations with said family member during it?

Of course they could just carry on with their jobs and never speak to each other about it, although you'd have to think that would be pretty awkward.

CIE equals family run simples really

CIE equals family run simples really

True its why the unions are often more interested in preserving CIE than looking out for their members, or making sure they have somewhere to go when CIE goes. Amazing the ways sons and daughters turn up in positions no one has ever seen advertised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Copyerselveson

I wonder how my job application sent off in 1983 is doing?

• Advertisement

I wonder how my job application sent off in 1983 is doing?

Got lost would usually be the response they would use.
    or
    What application.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Banjoxed

cdebru wrote: »
    True its why the unions are often more interested in preserving CIE than looking out for their members, or making sure they have somewhere to go when CIE goes. Amazing the ways sons and daughters turn up in positions no one has ever seen advertised.

Is it true that it makes no odds to them if a railway line was closed, as they would be redeployed unless they took early retirement?

Advertisement