Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season long bets/accumulators (2014/15)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Fvcking psg costing me my accumulator at the mo.

Get your act together zlatan!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Looking over an 11 leg season long accum I put on at start of season at thought it was worth posting. Funny looking at some of those prices now - 5 euro returns 4487:

1. Southampton to get more than 46 points 10/11 - currently on 46
    2. Spurs to finish ahead of Everton 8/11 - 16 points ahead
    3. Newcastle to finish ahead of Sunderland 8/15 - 8 points ahead
    4. Chelsea to finish ahead of Man City 10/11 - 7 points ahead
    5. Leicester to finish below QPR or Burnley 1/1 - 5 behind QPR, 4 behind Burnley
    6. Stoke to get more than 44 points 10/11 - on 33 after 25 games (at current rate would reach 50)
    7. WBA to finish ahead of Villa - 10/11 - WBA 4 points ahead
    8. West Ham to finish ahead of Swansea 10/11 - 4 points ahead

Here's where the problems start:

9. Arsenal to finish above Man Utd 10/11 - currently 2 points behind
    10. Liverpool to finish top 4 10/11 - currently 5 points behind Man Utd
    11. Hull to finish ahead of Palace 10/11 - currently 4 points behind

Can see Arsenal finishing ahead of Utd but think 10 & 11 are very unlikely. That said odds on same bet would be a lot less than 900/1 at this stage so will keep my fingers crossed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Looking over an 11 leg season long accum I put on at start of season at thought it was worth posting. Funny looking at some of those prices now - 5 euro returns 4487:

1. Southampton to get more than 46 points 10/11 - currently on 46
    2. Spurs to finish ahead of Everton 8/11 - 16 points ahead
    3. Newcastle to finish ahead of Sunderland 8/15 - 8 points ahead
    4. Chelsea to finish ahead of Man City 10/11 - 7 points ahead
    5. Leicester to finish below QPR or Burnley 1/1 - 5 behind QPR, 4 behind Burnley
    6. Stoke to get more than 44 points 10/11 - on 33 after 25 games (at current rate would reach 50)
    7. WBA to finish ahead of Villa - 10/11 - WBA 4 points ahead
    8. West Ham to finish ahead of Swansea 10/11 - 4 points ahead

Here's where the problems start:

9. Arsenal to finish above Man Utd 10/11 - currently 2 points behind
    10. Liverpool to finish top 4 10/11 - currently 5 points behind Man Utd
    11. Hull to finish ahead of Palace 10/11 - currently 4 points behind

Can see Arsenal finishing ahead of Utd but think 10 & 11 are very unlikely. That said odds on same bet would be a lot less than 900/1 at this stage so will keep my fingers crossed.

Looking a lot better now !

How's everyone's ante post accums going ? My main one is looking ok so far, derby top 6, Roma top 3, Preston top 6, Chelsea top London club, Bayern for bundlesliga, two dodgy ones are Real Madrid for la liga and Portsmouth top 7. Hopefully Portsmouth can get a run of decent results together and then maybe I will consider covering Real Madrid.

Portsmouth had a really bad run there that crippled them over Christmas, 10 games without a win or something similar. But they've decent few results in the last few weeks undefeated in 6 and four wins. They've signed Matt Tubbs in January and he seems to have sparked a bit of life in them, he bagged a hat trick in a 6-2 demolition of Cambridge at the weekend, hoping for a strong finish to the season for them. Currently 12 points of 7th in 13th place. The rest seem very solid.

Looking a lot better now !

Ha yeah it is - long way to go - it will probably be one of what looks a 'cert' now that will end up costing me.

• Advertisement

Portsmouth had a really bad run there that crippled them over Christmas, 10 games without a win or something similar. But they've decent few results in the last few weeks undefeated in 6 and four wins. They've signed Matt Tubbs in January and he seems to have sparked a bit of life in them, he bagged a hat trick in a 6-2 demolition of Cambridge at the weekend, hoping for a strong finish to the season for them. Currently 12 points of 7th in 13th place. The rest seem very solid.

Pompey come back from 2/0 down at half time to win 3-2 ! 9points off 7th !

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

C'mon Sheffield Utd!

langer91 wrote: »
    C'mon Sheffield Utd!

What you waiting on them for langer ? They on a good run.

What you waiting on them for langer ? They on a good run.
    Kilkenny @ 11/10
    Outright
    All Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2014

Conor McGregor @ 2/7
    Match Betting
    Conor McGregor v Diego Brandao

Juventus @ 11/10
    Outright Betting
    Serie A 2014-2015

Bayern Munich @ 1/7
    Outright Betting
    Bundesliga 2014-2015

Real Madrid @ 10/11
    Outright Betting
    La Liga 2014-2015

Sheff Utd @ 6/4
    Promotion
    League 1 Promotion 2014-2015

Blackpool @ 5/6
    Relegation
    Championship Relegation 2014-2015

Arsenal @ 15/8
    Betting Without Chelsea & Man City
    Betting W/O Chelsea & Man City

10er on, 1630 back

Thats my bet Fuzz, my interest levels are still well and truly alive which is the main reason I placed the bet!

Last few games have changed my season long accum quite a bit - 5 euro returns 4487. Have numbered them in probability of coming off:

1. Southampton to get more than 46 points 10/11 - Done
    2. Spurs to finish ahead of Everton 8/11 - 19 points ahead
    3. Stoke to get more than 44 points 10/11 - On 42 points with 10 games to go
    4. Newcastle to finish ahead of Sunderland 8/15 - 9 points ahead
    5. Chelsea to finish ahead of Man City 10/11 - 5 points ahead with a game in hand
    6. Leicester to finish below QPR or Burnley 1/1 - 4 points behind both
    7. WBA to finish ahead of Villa - 10/11 - WBA 5 points ahead
    8. Arsenal to finish above Man Utd 10/11 - currently 2 points ahead

9. Liverpool to finish top 4 10/11 - currently 2 points behind Man Utd
    10. West Ham to finish above Swansea - one point behind
    11. Hull to finish ahead of Palace 10/11 - currently 3 points behind

Liverpool are looking good and Utd have a tough run of fixtures, bookies have them evens and Man Utd 5/6 for top 4 - Spurs or Southampton could have a say in this one too. Liverpool - Utd on March 22nd will be an important one.

West Ham/Swansea is a coin toss - both have decent fixtures - Big Sam is apparently a dead man walking which may cause players to down tools but they have 5 of bottom 6 to play so hopefully they will pull it out of the bag.

Crystal Palace/Hull is the one which I have almost given up on. 7 of Hull's last 10 are against teams in the top 8, My only hope is that the other 3 are against Leicester, Burnley and Palace themselves on April 25th. Palace are going well under Pardew and Hull's fixture list points toward relegation but just gotta hope for an unlikely turnaround with this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

West Ham/Swansea is a coin toss - both have decent fixtures - Big Sam is apparently a dead man walking which may cause players to down tools but they have 5 of bottom 6 to play so hopefully they will pull it out of the bag.

Not sure whether those bottom team matches will help you. West Ham's season looks done and dusted. Cant win, cant lose. Those bottom teams have it all to play for.

No cashout available?

inforfun wrote: »
    Not sure whether those bottom team matches will help you. West Ham's season looks done and dusted. Cant win, cant lose. Those bottom teams have it all to play for.

No cashout available?

Nah done it in shop - yeah if I could choose again I'd go West Ham and Palace but results can be quite random at this time of the year so thats the only hope I'm clinging to. What would say the current cashout value might be?

Nah done it in shop - yeah if I could choose again I'd go West Ham and Palace but results can be quite random at this time of the year so thats the only hope I'm clinging to. What would say the current cashout value might be?

I have no idea.

Only use cash out when i am stuck with 2 that need to come in and sure one of them will fail. Just not sure which one.
    If it is a 1 that needs to come in and dont trust it, i either let it still go or lay for just my stake back.

How's everyone's ante post accums going ? My main one is looking ok so far, derby top 6, Roma top 3, Preston top 6, Chelsea top London club, Bayern for bundlesliga, two dodgy ones are Real Madrid for la liga and Portsmouth top 7. Hopefully Portsmouth can get a run of decent results together and then maybe I will consider covering Real Madrid.
    Portsmouth have started to falter a bit after a mini revival, losing hope now !

Couldnt help myself and did a little yankee last night

Wolfsburg > EL winner @7.5
    Barca > CL winner @4.5
    Eibar to relegate > @7.5
    Cork +6 > @9

Especially like Eibar to go down @7.5
    Lost their last 6 and a quick browse over their remaining matches tells me they will not win a lot more.
    This weekend it is Levante - Eibar and if Eibar lose that, i am sure the odds will drop.

Barca > CL winner @4.5
    Eibar to relegate > @7.5
    Cork +6 > @9

Lost their last 6 and a quick browse over their remaining matches tells me they will not win a lot more.
    This weekend it is Levante - Eibar and if Eibar lose that, i am sure the odds will drop.

I like it - will follow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Paully D wrote: »
    Stoke to be the top midlands club at 6/4 (Betfred & Totesport).

Other teams that they're up against in the market are Villa, West Brom and Leicester. Nothing really left to say only that I think Stoke will finish higher than those sides.

Stoke have a 12 point lead on West Brom with 10 games left. Barring a disaster it's in. I had actually forgotten I had even made the bet too. :pac:

Sheffield Utd really starting to falter now! I'd take the play offs at this stage tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Med101007

Stuck a tenner on this before the Man Utd v Arsenal match last night. What ye reckon??

Arsenal to win the FA Cup - 14/5
    Wolfsburg to win the Europa League - 6/1
    Harry Kane to be top goalscorer in the Premier League - 10/3

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

Med101007 wrote: »
    Stuck a tenner on this before the Man Utd v Arsenal match last night. What ye reckon??

Arsenal to win the FA Cup - 14/5
    Wolfsburg to win the Europa League - 6/1
    Harry Kane to be top goalscorer in the Premier League - 10/3

Good bet . Wolfsburg were poor against Everton early in the season but have improved immensely .

• Advertisement

Barca > CL winner @4.5
    Eibar to relegate > @7.5
    Cork +6 > @9

Wolfsburg now @4.5
    Barca now @3.5
    Eibar now @4
    Cork ... no idea as that bet isnt available anymore.

Most of mine from start of season are dead now! Need derby to get promoted but looking unlikely, backed Arsenal for the cup, Wolfsburg for Europa , Munich for champions league and Norwich for championship a few weeks ago so hoping to get a decent run from that till end of the season !

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭culline

If anyone has a minute to look at fixtures, who scores more goals - Kun or Kane?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,840 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

culline wrote: »
    If anyone has a minute to look at fixtures, who scores more goals - Kun or Kane?

Fixtures don't need to be taken into account here.

Aguero scores more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Everton top 10 finish 5/4 with PP lads. Think it's a great price looking at fixtures and teams around us.

We're hitting a decent run of form. Palace have tough fixtures, bit tougher than ours, but I think we're good enough to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Everton top 10 finish 5/4 with PP lads. Think it's a great price looking at fixtures and teams around us.

We're hitting a decent run of form. Palace have tough fixtures, bit tougher than ours, but I think we're good enough to do it.

Good tip!

Bournemouth are a point behind leaders Watford. 2 games to go and Bournemouth are +8 better off in terms of GD

Is 6/4 to finish top of championship with 2 games to go worth it?

KingJamsie wrote: »
    Good tip!

Bournemouth are a point behind leaders Watford. 2 games to go and Bournemouth are +8 better off in terms of GD

Will check out fixtures and odds etc. Just finished work so will check when home

Edit:

I can see Bournemouth and Watford winning both there games to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Anyone know how far each way extends for a top scorer bet? Am on Callum Wilson in the championship and he's currently joint third. And if it's only down to second what chance would you give him of catching/passing out Deeney who's one goal ahead at the weekend?:P

Anyone know how far each way extends for a top scorer bet? Am on Callum Wilson in the championship and he's currently joint third. And if it's only down to second what chance would you give him of catching/passing out Deeney who's one goal ahead at the weekend?:P

Pretty sure it's top 4.

• Advertisement

All my ante post bets shafted at this stage. Anyone still standing ?

All my ante post bets shafted at this stage. Anyone still standing ?

Backed Newcastle a few days ago at 20/1 to get relegated. Small stake. Just worked out what I think other teams will get etc.

Might as well be a dead bet :pac:

Barca > CL winner @4.5
    Eibar to relegate > @7.5
    Cork +6 > @9

Barca and Eibar still possible.
    Cork drawing too much or Dundalk winning too often makes that entry rather unlikely

Just checked how I'm getting on in the predictor.

9th out of 200+

Top 2 get paid. Fecking goalscorers are killing:( Looking at people around me don't think I'll get 2nd. Too many similar picks. Unless my correct scores all come in that's my only hope.

Pretty sure it's top 4.

Cheers that's made my morning. Probably only a pittance if it comes through but still worth more than my Sturridge top scorer & Newcastle top 6 season bets...

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

jkelly85 wrote: »
    Man Utd Top 4/7
    Longford Irish 1st Divison
    Real Madrid 10/11
    Bristol City top 6 1/1

€100 returns €800

Longford won the 1st Divison :D
    Bristol City Won League 1 :D
    United in the top 4;)
    Madrid 2nd to Barcelona cant see them catching them tho:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭lamoss

lamoss wrote: »
    As we all know anything can happen over a seasons football so I have done these 3 bets to run over the new season . Nothing too serious .......a bit of fun to keep me entertained :)

Relegation accum.

Premiership -Southampton @9/2
    Championship-Leeds @ 7/2
    L1-Oldham @5/2
    L2- Morecambe @5/1

€ 10 acca , all teams to be relagated..........Pays about 5100

.....................................................................................................

Promotion treble
    Championship- Derby @3/1
    L1 -Bristol city- @10/3
    L2- Portsmouth- @ 2/1

€ 20 Treble , all teams to be promoted...........pays about 1030

....................................................................................................

All teams to be promoted

Championship - Fulham @3/1
    L1 - Doncaster @10/3
    L2 - Cambridge @ 6/1
    Conference premier - Grimsby @ 6/1

€ 10 accum ..........................pays about 7200.

If any of the above come in I will have a bloody good holiday .:pac:

That was a roller coaster ride over the season, The nearest I got was the middle treble, 1 in, 1 with a squeak , and 1 down and out.
    Oh well, no big holiday for me...........A week in a caravan in Tramore if I am lucky :D

Good luck to all who are still in with a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

KingJamsie wrote: »
    Good tip!

Damn, should have backed :/

Cheers that's made my morning. Probably only a pittance if it comes through

Well he crept in joint fourth and I ended up €5.41 up on the deal. Really worth doing those each ways:rolleyes:

Now I'm waiting on Chelsea-City-Arsenal and Chelseas-Arsenal-City tricasts, hoping United don't mess things up for me.

Also on Burnley-QPR-Villa for relegation but not holding out too much hope there if Villa hold on for the win today...

Kilkenny @ 11/10
    Outright
    All Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2014

Conor McGregor @ 2/7
    Match Betting
    Conor McGregor v Diego Brandao

Juventus @ 11/10
    Outright Betting
    Serie A 2014-2015

Bayern Munich @ 1/7
    Outright Betting
    Bundesliga 2014-2015

Real Madrid @ 10/11
    Outright Betting
    La Liga 2014-2015

Sheff Utd @ 6/4
    Promotion
    League 1 Promotion 2014-2015

Blackpool @ 5/6
    Relegation
    Championship Relegation 2014-2015

Arsenal @ 15/8
    Betting Without Chelsea & Man City
    Betting W/O Chelsea & Man City

10er on, 1630 back

Out of the 3 left:
    Sheff Utd in Play Offs
    Arsenal looking good
    Madrid 2 points behind

Madrid is gonna cost this bet I feel!

O7W1XQI.jpg

Not really a season to go in this one but still long enough.

Looking at the favourites according to the bookies, winner will come from the bottom half of the draw.

Went for Boca myself @11
    Smashed everybody to pieces i nthe group stages and had a great start of the Argentinian league as well.
    Only worry now is in Southampton misfit Osvaldo, who has been doing well for Boca but i am not sure when his loan deal expires. Hope not before the end f this tournament.

E/W shot, could be considered for 1 team in the top half.

I guess CONMEBOL doesnt do fixing in draws. That is about the most lopsided draw i have ever seen. UEFA take a look how it is done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,840 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Out of the 3 left:
    Sheff Utd in Play Offs
    Arsenal looking good
    Madrid 2 points behind

Madrid is gonna cost this bet I feel!

Not a hope Sheffield United going to win the League 1 playoffs mate.

Looking like I'm in a decent position. In my predictor I have Burnley/Leicester/Sunderland to go down. 200points each.

Have Newcastle at 20/1 to be relegated. So once Hull Don't fck up. I'll be happy either way.

Made an extra 20 points in predictor on people a head of me this week With Lukaku scoring.

Going to go down to the wire. Stay tuned:P

Going in again on another ante post bet. Sevilla for Europa, Barca Cl, Preston , Norwich , Southend for promotion. Trebles, 4folds and accum. Anyone any opinions on the play offs lads? Preston are habitual bottlers in the play offs but they've done well for me through the season and finding it hard to go against them!

Going in again on another ante post bet. Sevilla for Europa, Barca Cl, Preston , Norwich , Southend for promotion. Trebles, 4folds and accum. Anyone any opinions on the play offs lads? Preston are habitual bottlers in the play offs but they've done well for me through the season and finding it hard to go against them!

Was gonna ask about the championships meself. Won on the 2 finalists last year, but the obvious one this year, Norwich/Middlesborough, is only 6/4...

Was gonna ask about the championships meself. Won on the 2 finalists last year, but the obvious one this year, Norwich/Middlesborough, is only 6/4...

I actually fancy brentford to get through , Middlesbroughs form kind of petered out towards the end of the season and brentford play some decent football.

callaway92 wrote: »
    Not a hope Sheffield United going to win the League 1 playoffs mate.

They're second favourites so I wouldn't say not a hope. I was merely stating I can't see Madrid winning La Liga while it's not impossible to see Sheffield Utd winning the play offs

I actually fancy brentford to get through , Middlesbroughs form kind of petered out towards the end of the season and brentford play some decent football.

Mmm I dunno, I've been betting on 'dark horses' for the playoffs for years and won squat...stronger side nearly always wins through over two legs, even if they've not been in great form...

Well I'm on a roll now.:P Anyone like the look of Sunderland to go down at 11s? Surely they're nailed on to lose the last two, maybe even by enough to close the GD gap with Newcastle...

O7W1XQI.jpg

Not really a season to go in this one but still long enough.

Looking at the favourites according to the bookies, winner will come from the bottom half of the draw.

Went for Boca myself @11
    Smashed everybody to pieces i nthe group stages and had a great start of the Argentinian league as well.
    Only worry now is in Southampton misfit Osvaldo, who has been doing well for Boca but i am not sure when his loan deal expires. Hope not before the end f this tournament.

E/W shot, could be considered for 1 team in the top half.

I guess CONMEBOL doesnt do fixing in draws. That is about the most lopsided draw i have ever seen. UEFA take a look how it is done.

It all looked so nice with Guarani kicking out Corithians and then some see you next tuesday sprayed pepper spray in the eyes of some River Plate players.

Boca kicked out of the Copa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Did anybody win a long shot acca ? Everyone seems to have been done by Barcelona and PSV winning their respective leagues, rather than Real Madrid and Ajax winning.

• Advertisement
Advertisement