Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fetac course outside of FAS

Options
  • 30-05-2012 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm currently on jobseekers allowance and have found a course I would love to do. It's a fetac level 6 and I've found a school in dublin that are running it as FAS do not teach it.
    The only drawback is it's €800 which I simply haven't a hope of affording. I was told once by someone in the fas office that fas may be able to help me pay the fees for a course if they don't offer it. Does anyone have any information on this? Like how much they may be able to contribute or even if they still offer this?
    I just want to have all my info correct before I head down to them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

The person you need to see about this is the Jobs Facilitator (it is an odd title but that's what they are known as) at the Department of Social Protection office. You may need to arrange an appointment to see him or her. They have a certain amount of funding available so the sooner you ask, the better.

Advertisement