Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it illegal?

Options
  • 17-07-2015 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭

Is it illegal if you receive information on the result of a game?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

As in someone is throwing the game? I assume it would be illegal to use such information for gain, but may also be very difficult to prove. Most likely who ever is interfering with a game so that one side wins or loses would be the people who are prosecuted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

So if someone happened upon the information & made a bet, it would be hard to prove?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Course it would.
    Same as a horse racing tip.
    Doubt if it's illegal but would think you might wreck your account if it's proven especially if it's a foreign sport.

There are probably loads of sports where there is suspect results.
    Snooker, Tennis or any another sport with just 2 players involved would be very easy result to fix.
    Football matches with 11 players x 2 would be a lot harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Bascally will you get in trouble with the law if you make a bet on it,I doubt it unless you where directly involved and they can prove it.

Whats the bet?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Bascally will you get in trouble with the law if you make a bet on it,I doubt it unless you where directly involved and they can prove it.

Whats the bet?:)

It was a hypothetical question ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement