Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing claim?

Options
  • 29-05-2012 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

I have been the carer for my mother since i was 16 but only applied in Febuary for the actual Carers Allowance in February when i turned 18,since then i have been receiving an emergency supplement every week because the waiting list is so long,my problem is is that me and my mother have a a very strained relationship and i cant cope with being her carer anymore and i wantt to either look for work or apply to college.
    The problem is money,if i change my claim to job seekers will that mean i get no payment until that comes through?if that's the case ill have to continue to care for my mother because their is no way i could live for 6 weeks with no money coming in,i plan to go in to the welfare office and ask but i said i would ask here first because im afraid if they think im not going to care for my mother it will affect the pending carers allowance claim i have

Advertisement