Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fetac course with Social Welfare

• 29-05-2012 1:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

I'm receiving Jobseekers allowance for 2 years now and I have just recently applied to do a one year full time Fetac course (PLC) in my local further education college. I just want to know can I attend this course full time while also receiving my social welfare or does attending this have a knock on effect for my social welfare entitlements.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

If you are over 21, or, alternatively, between 18 and 20 and out of formal education for two years, you may qualify for the Back to Education Allowance http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/back_to_education/back_to_education_allowance.html if you don't hold a Fetac qualification of the same level or higher than the one you hope to do. Fetac courses are considered to be under the Second Level Option of BTEA and the required signing on time for those is 3 months or 78 days. If you qualify for it, you would receive the full JA amount of €188 pw for the duration of the course plus the Cost of Education Allowance at the beginning of the academic year, which this year will be €300.00

Advertisement