Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Travel Card Question

Options
  • 28-10-2013 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

My travel card expires in December do I have to apply for a brand new card or can i just renew the old one?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

You have to apply for a brand new one. I actually need to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Joshycat

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    You have to apply for a brand new one. I actually need to do that.

But what about the travel credit I already have on my current travel card,what happens to that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Get the new card in person at your students union or other over the counter service

They will transfer the balance

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Get the new card in person at your students union or other over the counter service

It's worth pointing out that if you have a Student Rambler on a Student Leapcard and the Card's Student ID expires,any remaining days of the Rambler will be blocked....However you may still use the Purse at "Ordinary" Leapcard Fare rates.;)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

AlekSmart wrote: »
    It's worth pointing out that if you have a Student Rambler on a Student Leapcard and the Card's Student ID expires,any remaining days of the Rambler will be blocked....However you may still use the Purse at "Ordinary" Leapcard Fare rates.;)

So if I still have lets say €7 on the Purse I can still continue to use it up into January 2014?

• Advertisement

Nope must be refunded or transferred

Card will not work after the date on front

I was looking on their website at the locations of the over the counter service can I go into the Trinity College, Students Union and get it done there even though I'm not a student at Trinity? It seems to be the nearest location for me as my college doesn't have an over the counter service

Sure can, hordes of DIT students do it all the time.

Just make sure you have all the paperwork completed with the DIT stamp on it if required

Sure can, hordes of DIT students do it all the time.

Just make sure you have all the paperwork completed with the DIT stamp on it if required

Great thanks :)

Advertisement