Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine on Train

Options
  • 28-10-2013 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

Hi

If a fine is issued by the RPU on the train for not having a valid ticket and it is appealed, when should you hear about the appeal? Got fined 21/09 and appealed 27/09 - still nothing back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Should have heard something by now. Call into them.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ladjacket

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    Should have heard something by now. Call into them.

I appreciate that but if they want to fine me why should I go chasing them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Ladjacket wrote: »

Because it is possible that your appeal somehow got lost or mislaid and your fine is now proceeding towards a court appearance.

I take your point on board.

My reason for saying that is the circumstances around it, the guy who issued the fine was the most rude and arrogant official i have ever seen. Took extreme pleasure in issuing a fine. I illustrated that there was money on the card etc.

Then when i called the line to enquire the guy in the RPU office was equally as rude. I questioned if they were closed on the Monday and he said it was none of my concern.

If that is the attitude they adopt, I can't see any appeal being too successful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

If you want to get off the fine you would want to chase it up. If you don't then you have no comeback when they say that they never received your appeal.

I would think the fact that they were rude to you would be a greater incentive to chase it up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

I don't think "officials being rude" is a defence to not having paid for your ticket. "Money on the card" isn't either.

corktina wrote: »
    I don't think "officials being rude" is a defence to not having paid for your ticket. "Money on the card" isn't either.

Thanks for your input. I was looking for information on whether or not anyone would have experienced this issue before.

The validity of the appeal or indeed the original issue was not something I was looking for your assistance on, but again, thanks for your input.

Because its you that wants to know what the story is with the appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,290 ✭✭✭✭Victor

OK, folks, relax.

Moved from Train & Rail Systems

Victor wrote: »
    OK, folks, relax.

Moved from Train & Rail Systems

Was just wondering if anyone had any experiences with this before in terms if turnaround times.

The validity of the appeal will only be determined by the RPU so there is no point discussing here.

Apologies if I riled anyone, and thank you all for your responses.

• Advertisement

Was just wondering if anyone had any experiences with this before in terms if turnaround times.

The validity of the appeal will only be determined by the RPU so there is no point discussing here.

Apologies if I riled anyone, and thank you all for your responses.

You didnt. Good luck with the appeal.

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    You didnt. Good luck with the appeal.

Thank you, have contacted them again and asked that they update me.

Advertisement