Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I stock up Student Rambler tickets in advance?

Options
  • 24-10-2013 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

So the fares are going up as I'm assuming most people know. Before they go up, I was thinking about whether I could buy my student rambler tickets in advance? Will they work up until the use-by date? My current one says it can be used until December 2014, so if I bought 2 or 3 or 4 travel cards before the new fare would the ones I leave at home for a few months sill work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭The_Pretender

Yep that's the exact same thing I'm doing. Mine says it doesn't expire till Dec 2014, and since Mine last me about 6 college weeks I'll have used up the tickets long before then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭bikeman1

Yes thats the way to go alright. I usually stock up on 4/5 Travel 90s. If you buy 4 travel 90s before they go up? You save €10.

The only thing to watch out is how the shops "run out" of certain tickets in the days leading up to the new fares. My advice would be to buy them sooner rather than later!

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Blue_Seas

Righto, I'll buy enough to get me through the rest of the year. I'm the same as The_Pretender, I'm in 5 days a week and don't use them on weekends so I'll be set for 6 weeks at a time. Will stock up now!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,347 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

bikeman1 wrote: »
    Yes thats the way to go alright. I usually stock up on 4/5 Travel 90s. If you buy 4 travel 90s before they go up? You save €10.

The only thing to watch out is how the shops "run out" of certain tickets in the days leading up to the new fares. My advice would be to buy them sooner rather than later!

+1 No worries on the supply front. You can order them via the DB website which sends you to ticketmaster.ie which will sell you the Travel90 tickets with none of those ridiculous 'handling' charges and delivery (postage) is free. I'm expecting four of them through the letterbox in the morning.

Advertisement