Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dent & run

• 15-08-2011 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

Hi,

Just had someone reverse into my car last night and high tail it. In the process of tracking down the driver. Person was visiting neighbours, but they were unable to contact this person as they had left their mobile phone in their house. Once I heard this I contacted the Gardai.

Just wondering what my options will be if this person cannot be tracked down or turns out to not have insurance? MIBI (http://www.mibi.ie/) seem to only get involved if there is significant damage - in this case it will probably be a rear passengers door that needs to be replaced (not sure it this could be classified as significant damage).

Apart from the damage to the car am annoyed that this guy could not be tracked down quickly as my neighbours admitted that he was drink driving...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

He probably scampered cos he was sizzled. perhaps when he comes back he will pay up. MIBI won't be of any use to you though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can always threaten small claims court?
    Wait for him to get his phone from the neighbours and then contact you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Just wondering what my options will be if this person cannot be tracked down or turns out to not have insurance?
    I'd go comanche on him!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭comanche_cor

langdang wrote: »
    I'd go comanche on him!

That was the initial though alright :D

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭comanche_cor

MugMugs wrote: »
    He probably scampered cos he was sizzled. perhaps when he comes back he will pay up. MIBI won't be of any use to you though.

yeah reckon you are on the money there - fingers crossed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

langdang wrote: »
    I'd go comanche on him!

For a second there I was thinking "what difference does it make if he wears underwear or not?".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

For a second there I was thinking "what difference does it make if he wears underwear or not?".
    Indeed - I had not come across that usage of term :o. Potential for serious mix-ups there, hunting someone down with a tomahawk is a long way from "going commando"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

When he turns up and agrees to pay( I would assume ) be polite and take all his details for your insurance company/back up and when he leaves call the Gardai and report him for criminal damage and leaving the scene of an accident.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

MIBI won't get involved if the 3rd party isn't identified. They will however pay small claims.

Advertisement