Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Why has nobody bought this?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

smtdos wrote: »
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/3-Series/335-TWIN/201112201694677/advert?channel=CARS

Is there something wrong with this car?!

Seems to have it all!

The annual motor tax of €1000+ will limit it's market in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭smtdos

True but it's seems to be one of the top recommended beemers on boards when people are purchasing.

It's up on carzone quite a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

If it was post 08 it would be gone but the motor tax kills it for most irish motorists.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Lovely car, powerful and is resonable on fuel at the same time. Id love one with a manual gearbox, not that I could afford the car in the first place. I think BMW are realising a tri turbo diesel next year too so that should be interesting.
    No manual on the twin turbo diesel.
    To be honest, I've rarely come across a decent manual box in a diesel anyway. They're always heavy and clunky in the not-so-nice way. I'd go for a good auto in a diesel, but a good manual in a petrol!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

€1500 Road Tax ! Ouch !

• Advertisement

MugMugs wrote: »
    €1500 Road Tax ! Ouch !

I don't think it's that high, they're sub 3000cc I think. Paid quarterly it wouldn't be far off €1500/annum though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

RoverJames wrote: »
    I don't think it's that high, they're sub 3000cc I think. Paid quarterly it wouldn't be far off €1500/annum though :)
    I think €1,293 if memory serves...

It's a hell of a lotta car for that money if you consider what they are new!

Still surprised it hasn't been picked up.

I think the BMW premium selection is the way to go these days.

shblob wrote: »
    If it was post 08 it would be gone but the motor tax kills it for most irish motorists.

08's are going for 10-15k more.

Maybe I'm mad but seems cheaper to have the 07 for a few years and put up with the tax!

nope you're not mad. but that is Irish mentality to get cheaper tax. Its like people buying diesel cars because diesel is cheaper but they are paying a premium to get it in diesel in the first place which won't pay off against the fuel prices and their mileage!

• Advertisement

Yeah, €1293 ! Wow

It'd be worth it though :D

Plus you'd get about two grand off for that stupid spoiler !

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Tea 1000 wrote: »
    To be honest, I've rarely come across a decent manual box in a diesel anyway. They're always heavy and clunky in the not-so-nice way.
    That's a good point.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jamiecall

2 Doors
    Auto
    Big Mileage
    €1,293 Tax

Doesn't have that much going for it in my opinion. The coupe market is long dried up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I'm not a total petrolhead (or should that be dieselhead ;)) but I think I came a little, serious car. :D

MugMugs wrote: »
    Plus you'd get about two grand off for that stupid spoiler !

Ya the M-sport lip is alot nicer imo

jamiecall wrote: »
    2 Doors
    Auto
    Big Mileage
    €1,293 Tax

Doesn't have that much going for it in my opinion. The coupe market is long dried up.

Auto is perfect for that engine,
    2 doors not a disadvantage for a lot of people
    Personally I agree the mileage is on the high side when spending 20k+
    The tax is off putting but if an 08 cannot be got for a reasonable amount more then its probably work going for that one.

I think resale would be a killer on it though, in a few years the mileage would be very high and the 2008+ models much more affordable, could be very hard to move on.

That said its some car for 20k if I had that sort of money for spending it would certainly be considered.

It would be ideal for someone or a couple/family that are willing to drop the €20,000 over the next 4 or 5 years knowing that the car will suit for that term (sprog wise), as mentioned selling it on will be an issue with the mileage combined with the unfavourable tax. I'd sooner spend €20,000 on that than on a new 3 door Focus or similar.

smtdos wrote: »
    Ya the M-sport lip is alot nicer imo

Agreed. That thing doesnt do that motor any justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭vectra

shblob wrote: »
    nope you're not mad. but that is Irish mentality to get cheaper tax. Its like people buying diesel cars because diesel is cheaper but they are paying a premium to get it in diesel in the first place which won't pay off against the fuel prices and their mileage!

Wrong
    My car is around 2 grand more expensive to buy in Petrol guise.;)

More expensive to Tax

Much heavier on fuel.

Where would the saving be??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

vectra wrote: »
    Wrong
    My car is around 2 grand more expensive to buy in Petrol guise.;)

More expensive to Tax

Much heavier on fuel.

Where would the saving be??
    He clearly meant in general and not on your exact car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Matt Simis wrote: »
    He clearly meant in general and not on your exact car.

He clearly did not state that.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,692 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I read on another forum that the condition on this car wasnt top notch in the price range. So I suggest going to see it to make a judgement on why it hasnt sold yet. It may be top notch it may not be...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Going on lately, if you took your eye off it for a minute it'd be stolen by a bunch of clowns and set on fire!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Hmmm millage is pretty big for such year. I presume some major stuff will have to be done on this now.

In the end of the day 20k is still alot.

If I would be buying a sport coupe with huge engine I would go for petrol 335 then. More power and I don't think that it will be a huge difference on running costs and fuel.

YbFocus wrote: »
    Going on lately, if you took your eye off it for a minute it'd be stolen by a bunch of clowns and set on fire!!

Weren't the 335s that were mentioned on here all petrols though?

vectra wrote: »
    He clearly did not state that.:D
    haha sorry about that vectra, I generally mean second hand prices too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Weren't the 335s that were mentioned on here all petrols though?

A 335d is still a quick car and magnet for thieves.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

I'd say she'd tow some massive trailer.

bazz26 wrote: »
    A 335d is still a quick car and magnet for thieves.

No doubt :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Advertisement