Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Paintless dent removal 30 euro!

Options
  • 30-06-2011 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭

Ok lads,

I am so pleased with the service I got today I would like to post the name and location of the PDR guy I used...MODS- can I do this?

I can home yesterday and immediately noticed a golfball sized dent on my otherwise perfect car..I was raging..it was too high up to have been caused by another car so I'm guessing it was one of my neighbours with a bike..not sure.

Anyway, skint at the moment so didn't fancy paying out 100 odd euro, which from a search here looked likely.

Spent a while searching various forums online and found a guy located in tallaght - he has a set price list, price depends on size of dent.

Anyway, car is now perfect, and only charged 30 quid..So impressed.

I'll put the business details up if I get the go ahead.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Ok lads,

I am so pleased with the service I got today I would like to post the name and location of the PDR guy I used...MODS- can I do this?

I can home yesterday and immediately noticed a golfball sized dent on my otherwise perfect car..I was raging..it was too high up to have been caused by another car so I'm guessing it was one of my neighbours with a bike..not sure.

Anyway, skint at the moment so didn't fancy paying out 100 odd euro, which from a search here looked likely.

Spent a while searching various forums online and found a guy located in tallaght - he has a set price list, price depends on size of dent.

Thanks

Can you PM me the details, I have a small dent in mine and the misses has one to, would like to get these sorted...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Ok lads,

Thanks

Could you PM me please?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

If your dent is a reasonable size and it not on a crease or near the edge of a panel, this works well:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

stimpson wrote: »
    If your dent is a reasonable size and it not on a crease or near the edge of a panel, this works well:

that looks amazing! Don't think it would have worked on mine- small deep dent.

Good to know though..what is that stuff, some sort of antifreeze?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

that looks amazing! Don't think it would have worked on mine- small deep dent.

Good to know though..what is that stuff, some sort of antifreeze?

Compressed air, you can get it in PC shops for clearing out the insides of dusted up computers. When you start to use it the can gets cold very quick, nearly to cold to hold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Worth a try before spending 30 quid plus. You have to hold it upside down so it comes out as liquid.

stimpson wrote: »
    Worth a try before spending 30 quid plus. You have to hold it upside down so it comes out as liquid.

From a quick search, that stuff it around 20 quid a can:eek:(pc world)..but can be got a lot cheaper online.

If you just have the one dent, especially if it's a small golf ball type one, I'd say 30 quid for a pro that will deliver would be money better spent.

For bigger dents, and multiple dents then yep, its deffo worth a shot with compressed air by the looks of the video. Nice find.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Please don't do the compressed air/heat gun trick. It works - occassionally - but can you imagine what it's doing to the layers of paint underneath, sudden heat followed by sudden cold? Couple of weeks later you'll power wash the car and wonder why the paint came off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Ok lads,

Thanks
    Can you PM me the details? Cheers

pm sent to all who have requested.

If any MOD is reading this, can I go ahead and put the details up on here..?easier than sending PMs to everyone. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

pm sent to all who have requested.

If any MOD is reading this, can I go ahead and put the details up on here..?easier than sending PMs to everyone. Thanks.

I don't have a problem tbh, you're a regular poster and not shilling imo. It's always handy to have a number of a good service like this.

And it makes a welcome change to the usual bad news stories:)

EPM wrote: »
    I don't have a problem tbh, you're a regular poster and not shilling imo. It's always handy to have a number of a good service like this.

And it makes a welcome change to the usual bad news stories:)

Cool.

The lad I had dealings with was Tony, sound as a pound.

The company is Quick Dent, based in Cookstown Enterprise Park, Tallaght:

http://www.quickdent.info/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I got a job like this done a few years ago too and was amazed with the results and the low cost. I watched him doing it and could see the dent disappearing before my eyes within a few seconds.! I had been bracing myself for the cost of a panel beat / respray, so needless to say I was very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭GavMan

Just want to throw my tuppance worth in here.

Tony in quick dent sorted out 3 dents for me for the princely sum of €70. All of them just about bigger than a 2 euro coin. Delighted with it.

Was just thinking to myself it was the type of thing dealer service centres would have fleeced you for back in the good old days. 500 quid myself and my da guesstimated between ourselves.

More power to lads like Tony et al providing top notch services at great prices.

Advertisement