Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Child's lost toys in taxicab

• 31-10-2013 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I'm trying everything I can to try to reunite my six year old grandson with the Darth Vadar backpack he left in the back of a taxicab on a journey between the Dublin Ferry Port and Finglas on the evening of Tuesday 29th October.

The bag contained his pride and joy, his new DS, complete with all of his games. He was given it early for his birthday, which is next week.

We have contacted gardai on a daily basis, but nobody has handed it in. If anybody has any information about this, or can help in any way to get it back, he would be an extremely grateful little boy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,242 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Give it a few days to show up as having been dropped in. There are only a select amount of stations which take in lost property from taxis. The driver may not have had a chance to handing it in at one of these stations or the Garda station may not have a chance to log or receive it just yet.

Also, if you can recall anything to identify the car or the driver then let them know when you enquire. It may narrow down the search enough for the powers that be to contact him on your behalf, provided you have some details to hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Expatricia

Thank you very much Losty. I know it does sometimes take people a while to get around to things. We've been trying to find it asap because they are leaving to come back to the UK tomorrow morning. Of course, if we do get lucky and somebody hands it in, I'm sure we can perhaps ask friends to pick it up, but we were just trying not to have to bother anyone with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,797 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

In my experience as a regular ferry and taxi user I used to encounter the same taxi guys there on a very regular basis. If the usual route fails it could be worth taking a run down there to ask around perhaps... Good luck either way..

Thanks Strumms. They should be there about now, waiting for the ferry back home. I'm sure if they can, they'll give it a try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Was the taxi from Finglas? Have you tried all the local cab companies? Presumably not booked through hailo?

• Advertisement

No, December2012, it was a taxi to Finglas from the Port. No idea who they were. I have contacted all of the taxi firms who work at the Port. Not booked through hailo. I tried them but sadly they couldn't help in the circumstances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,650 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Did you try the carriage office in dublin castle? Asfaik they handle all the lost and found for taxis

Looks like they no longer do.

http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=100

No, they don't ted1, and yes, we tried all five of the designated police stations and have left contact details with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Valentine1

call the Joe Duffy Show, Liveline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Strumms wrote: »
    In my experience as a regular ferry and taxi user I used to encounter the same taxi guys there on a very regular basis. If the usual route fails it could be worth taking a run down there to ask around perhaps... Good luck either way..

^ ^ This, i use the ferry a lot and the taxi drivers seems the same group with not much change, drop down there one day at the same time your ferry comes in and ask around

• Advertisement
Advertisement