Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best route Charlestown to Swords Business Campus

• 30-10-2013 4:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭

I'm just trying to figure out the best wayto get from Charlestown Shopping Center to Swords Business Campus? Is taking the 140 to town and then 41c out there the only way? They don't seem all that far apart in distance but any route I look at seems to take at least 1 hour and 15 or over

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,493 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It is a difficult one. You could get any 40 or 140 to Glasnevin / Whitworth Road and then a 33 or any 41 to Swords. Alternatively a 17a from Finglas Village to Santry and then a 33 or and 41 to Swords. The 41a or 41c are best

Put your exact locations and relevant dates and times into www.a-b.ie and tweak the settings.

Swords Business Campus is on Balheary Road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,941 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Victor wrote: »
    It is a difficult one. You could get any 40 or 140 to Glasnevin / Whitworth Road and then a 33 or any 41 to Swords. Alternatively a 17a from Finglas Village to Santry and then a 33 or and 41 to Swords. The 41a or 41c are best

Put your exact locations and relevant dates and times into www.a-b.ie and tweak the settings.

Swords Business Campus is on Balheary Road.

It might be a bit difficult to get a 41a Victor - it only operates in one direction - inbound in the morning peak!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭KD345

Another option is to take the 9 to Ballymun Road and walk down either Collins Avenue or Griffith Avenue to the Swords Road. It's about a 10 minute walk.

From there you can thanks a connecting bus to Swords.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

83 or 9 to Glasnevin Avenue, 17A from there to Malahide Rd then 43? You'd have to time it well though.

41 and 41B would be quicker than the 41C

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,941 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

dfx- wrote: »
    83 or 9 to Glasnevin Avenue, 17A from there to Malahide Rd then 43? You'd have to time it well though.

41 and 41B would be quicker than the 41C

Beware that Swords Business Campus is not the same as Swords Business Park.

The 41c is the only Dublin Bus route that passes directly outside Swords Business Campus on Balheary Road.

The 41 and 41b will leave the OP at Swords Village over 1km away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

Well lets get the obligatory "buy a bike" post out of the way. It would only take about half an hour to cycle. However if cycling isn't your bag you could also try a combination of the 83/27b/41c. ie get the 83 from Charlestown to Harristown , then the 27b from the garage to Swords Rd and then the 41c to Swords. Buy a rambler ticket to make it cheaper and use the rtpi app and you should be fine..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Dublin Bus generally don't accommodate people travelling to anywhere apart from An Lár too well. My advice would be get a car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

If this is a once off journey, a taxi the whole way would be about €20-22. An alternative would be to take a taxi to Santry or whitehall and get the bus from there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Thanks for the replies. It's not a one off journey, it's a friend who is staying with me while the get settled in Dublin. He had hoped to move in with me but now he's found this job in Swords and getting there from my place is so awkward I think he'll jus find a place in Swords instead. But he's gotta do the bus thing until he does. Cycling isn't really an option as 30 mins is at the point where your chances of getting drenched go up a fair bit over a 10 or 15 minute cycle.

Anyway thanks for the info, he had been doing a 140 and 41c combination but I'll let him know about the 9 and then a walk to the Swords Road, it should work out a little quicker.

Advertisement