Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

winter is comeing

Options
  • 29-08-2009 2:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

kids are back to school on Monday , so its time to put the motorhome/camper away ,as its my first year to winter my van what are must do,s to get it into 2010 in tip top shape

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I'm still waiting for the summer to start! Roll on September!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

I'd suggest giving the exterior a good wash/polish.
    A good clean inside removing any food residue, spills etc.
    Clean out the fridge and leave partially open.
    Drain down all water including the boiler.
    Remove and wash the toilet cassette
    If possible store the cushions indoors for the winter.
    Remove any batteries from radios/clocks/tv remotes etc.
    Fill the tank with diesel, apparently prevents any possibility of corrosion within the tank.
    If possible leave the handbrake off to prevent sticking.
    Top up engine coolant antifreeze.
    Store the motorhome under cover if at all possible.
    Start the engine one a week to keep the battery topped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭KoNiT

Dont pack it away yet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

thanks for the advise ,no we are not putting it away just yet we hope to get one or two more days out,i should be able to follow most of stapelers list bar the in door storage still haven't got a spot yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

When you drain the water , open the taps too , lets the water out of them to prevent them freezing and bursting . I would recommend taking it for a spin every few weeks too to keep the brakes from sticking and keep the tyres from perishing. Invest in a de-humidifier , or some moisture absorbers for the inside too .

• Advertisement
Advertisement