Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Double standards at MTV awards

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

Isn't that kinda the same thing? WHy don't you think there was nothing wrong? WOuld you feel the same with the scneario you just made with reversed roles?

You're using the word nothing again, despite the fact that I have just pointed out I didn't use it.

Okay, I will make my point again. Let's use Kate Upton as an example:

kate-upton-cameron-diaz-dance-party-for-other-woman.jpg

I'm using her as an example because, just like Zac, she was just in a movie where her chest was almost a character in and of itself, like Zac's was in Bad Neighbours.

Now, let's say it was Kate presenting / receiving an award and a male cast member snuck up and pulled open her blouse to reveal her bra and then she stood there and posed in Zac'like fashion.. you're asking me would I have an issue with it?

Nope, I wouldn't. As I wouldn't see much wrong with it.

Hope that answers your question.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 sailornaruto39

You're using the word nothing again, despite the fact that I have just pointed out I didn't use it.

Okay, I will make my point again. Let's use Kate Upton as an example:

I'm using her as an example because, just like Zac, she was just in a movie where her chest was almost a character in and of itself, like Zac's was in Bad Neighbours.

Now, let's say it was Kate presenting / receiving an award and a male cast member snuck up and pulled open her blouse to reveal her bra and then she stood there and posed in Zac'like fashion.. you're asking me would I have an issue with it?

Nope, I wouldn't. As I wouldn't see much wrong with it.

Hope that answers your question.

It does, at least your consistent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,887 ✭✭✭iptba

Woman in audience touched singer Tim McGraw's private parts (he wasn't happy):
    http://ksfm.cbslocal.com/2014/07/17/tim-mcgraw-slaps-female-fan-in-the-face-video/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

iptba wrote: »
    Woman in audience touched singer Tim McGraw's private parts (he wasn't happy):
    http://ksfm.cbslocal.com/2014/07/17/tim-mcgraw-slaps-female-fan-in-the-face-video/

I think she actually only pulled at his trouser leg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

The kind of things like the Zac Efron incident really do make me a bit uncomfortable, and it is a double standard. Go back a couple decades and women were being told things like "to lighten up" or "get over themselves" or that they "just needed a good shag" if they objected to behaviour like getting their arse slapped or groped by strangers; that is now generally understood as unacceptable behaviour. But objectifying men and touching their bodies without their consent and using their looks or line of work as a justification seems to be fine, it doesn't make sense.

I saw Efron on Graham Norton and the poor guy could hardly get two words out without women in the audience screaming over him, he's a fairly decent actor and a funny guy but nobody gives a crap what he has to say, they just want him to stand there and look pretty. At one point there was mention of him taking his shirt off and the crowd went mental, to my mind he looked pretty pissed off and uncomfortable and changed the subject very quickly.

It's kind of weird that women in general don't have more empathy with how a man in this situation might feel, we're used to hearing the argument from (some, SOME, not all, not most, let's just cut that off at the pass) men that they'd only love getting "compliments" roared at them in the street or having easy access to sex or wouldn't mind getting groped and we should know well that the reality of it is often far less rosy.

Advertisement