Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[TOR] Best class story-line

Options
  • 24-06-2012 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

So I've been playing for just under a week now and I'm finding myself completely in love with the story! I enjoyed WoW but I always wondered (before I realised how difficult it would be) why they never mixed in Elder Scrolls story telling and how you impact the world with the gameplay in an MMO. To be honest SWTOR has exceeded most of my expectations, there are flaws but I'm enjoying the game so I don't really care! I've been playing a Jedi Consular and I'm up to Nar Shaddaa now and I love the story but I've been told that its one of the bad ones, so I'm wondering what is everybody's favourite and why? (with as little spoiling as possible haha)
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

I thought Consular was a bit rubbish, it was my first one.

Bounty Hunter is great, maybe not the actual stories but your companions are brilliant, especially Blizz, a little Ewok with a pistol.

Jedi Knight is probably the most 'epic' republic one, you're on a massive quest against the Sith Emperor to save the galaxy, I'm on level 46 now and it's good.

Apparently Smuggler is the most fun though, and you get to get drunk and stuff.

Empire side I think Sith Marauder/Juggernaut is supposedly to the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

I can only tell you from a sith point of view as im currently playing Bounty Hunter, sith Assassin and an Imperial Agent. No Republic characters at the moment.

I'm furthest along with my bounty hunter (lets be honest most star wars fans have wanted to be bobba fett at some point) He has the cool gadgets, duel blaster pistols and nice skills and a very good storyline with nice interaction between him and his companions too.

The Sith Assassin is my next character i play and lets be fair here if you want to be totally bass *ss sith is the way to go. I play my sith as evil as evil can be its fun and sometimes quite humerous in the quests you go on I use him in PvP sometimes too I play sith just because in most other starwars games ive played you've always played jedi never sith so this is my chance to be bad to the bone.

I've only scratched the surface with my Imperial Agent and i have to be honest with you is has some of the best story telling i've seen in a game for a long long time its a spy story basically from what i can tell its an amazing story to play

Honestly thought All the Sith classes ive played have amazing storylines and im sure its the same on the republic side some are better than others but there all well worth playing.

I wish you could just do the main quest and skip the rest. I'd play every character in the game then!

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

Cina wrote: »
    I wish you could just do the main quest and skip the rest. I'd play every character in the game then!

Same here, hate the long filler quests.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Lockky

Yeah I heard the imperial agent is great fun! I want to try out an empire character next and be full on evil as they come! I found (so far and I've only got as far as completing Nar Shaddaa) the Consular story to be good. Though I have to say trying constantly to be a proper jedi and keep to the light side is starting to slowly kill me. The amount of times I've wanted to cut someones head off only to spare them simply because I want to keep in character is getting ridiculous! I have to say though fair fcuk's to bioware for it cos they make you really want to keep in character whereas in most games you just wanted to kill and progress haha

I think I'll try an Imperial Agent or Bounty Hunter next. I did always want to be Bobba Fett - I am a lifelong jet pack fan haha! But the lure of being a plain guy in a world full of crazy force wielding freaks as an agent is quite alluring too... Decisions decisions...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Cina wrote: »

you can! simply only do the Class missions and abandon the rest!

I LOVED the Trooper storyline, really enjoying the Imp Agent, Bounty Hunter, Sith Inq and Sith Warrior, all awesome!

LanceStorm wrote: »
    you can! simply only do the Class missions and abandon the rest!

I LOVED the Trooper storyline, really enjoying the Imp Agent, Bounty Hunter, Sith Inq and Sith Warrior, all awesome!

In *theory* you can but you would be massively under-levelled if you avoided the standard quests on planets, unless you did huge amounts of PvP and flashpoints along the way instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

thus the joy of 1.3 and the legacy system, dont like missions, then unlock the legacy feature to get more XP from space combat or PVP, level how you like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

It's only a 30% increase, though. You'll still have to do some other content, given how limited the class story stuff is.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Lockky

Raphael wrote: »
    It's only a 30% increase, though. You'll still have to do some other content, given how limited the class story stuff is.

The way its going it wouldnt surprise me if they made a "story mode" character where you just run through each of the class stories or something like that. They seem to be trying to tailor to the game to be what you want. Not sandbox-style - just that you can level up however you wish so long as you have obtained a high enough legacy level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Apparantly the Imperial Agent is the best storyline. Ive compeleted the BH one and i loved it :)

Im doing the Sith Warrior now and its so far so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

The Smuggler and the Bounty Hunter are great fun. Inquisitor is enjoyable too.

But the Agent is a cut above all, IMO. The story is wonderfully done with so many clever twists. I don't even want to break for sleep when I'm playing my Agent. :D

Jaxxy wrote: »
    The Smuggler and the Bounty Hunter are great fun. Inquisitor is enjoyable too.

But the Agent is a cut above all, IMO. The story is wonderfully done with so many clever twists. I don't even want to break for sleep when I'm playing my Agent. :D

Next character for sure is going to be an agent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

Vicxas wrote: »
    Next character for sure is going to be an agent :)

Likewise

i was playing a sith inq but i've herd many many people say that the agent just rocks. Gonna finish out my BH then see where i stand

'AL wrote:
    [EN;79458699']Likewise

i was playing a sith inq but i've herd many many people say that the agent just rocks. Gonna finish out my BH then see where i stand

I didnt wanna jump from 1 gun toting toon to another so i made a Sith Warrior, after him im gonna make me an Agent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

agent is prob the best story imo. I quit like the troopers too so far, although i only done half of act 1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Vicxas wrote: »
    &#39 wrote: »
    [EN;79458699']Likewise

I didnt wanna jump from 1 gun toting toon to another so i made a Sith Warrior, after him im gonna make me an Agent :)

That's a good idea.

Just a note for those of you who want to roll an Agent, the planet progression (at least in the beginning) is very similar to the BH, so you have the same planet quests. Give yourself a break before you start so you don't get frustrated/bored!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

I only Finished Sith Warrior but it is amazing. It gets slow especially on Hoth but once you hit Corellia and the ending is near and the stakes get high it gets pretty Intense.

Best Part has to be if you spare Over Seer Tremel in the beginning he returns to greet you as you enter the council chambers to Duel with Baras. It was that moment that was the most epic as it showed my decisions had an impact on my character in the future. Especially when Baras insulted Me and Tremel and then I locked Baras away to turn mad and old.

I got to Taris with my Agent, it's OK, the best Darth so far in the game is in the Agent Story, Darth Jadus, who's mastery of the Dark Side basically makes him second to that of the Emperor supposedly, his outfit and voice is epic.

Started the Agent storyline, im on Balmorra atm. Taken a bit of a break from the game at the mo but ill probably be back soon enough to finish it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Sith Inquisitor has the best storyline IMO, felt very well told with some great characters. Bounty Hunter one was fairly enjoyable too. Played all LS characters so I'm not sure to what extent that affected them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Nuts!

Sith inc was my favourite, but tbh I felt the ending was a bit short of epic.

BH rocks also. Wasn't too impressed with Jedi Knight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

My problem with the Inquisitor story is the fact after the last boss and the epic cutscene you have to go to Dromund Kaas and trigger another cutscene, the travel to DK really pulls you out of the high you get after the last boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Nuts!

I agree with you there. It did feel like somewhat of an anti-climax after such a wicked storyline throughout

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ste Ryan

I think I might have to start playing this game after reading this thread, interesting stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Loved the commando story line ,though they should have switched the second and third arcs around...But the agent storyline has been by far the best of the lot... a complete mind twister at one point.

Advertisement