Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Year's Resolutions

Options
  • 31-12-2011 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭

With a new year just around the corner, I started thinking about resolutions for the new year.

Here are some of mine:

Do more things together as a family - my daughter is still young so I want her to remember good times.

Learn to swim and help my daughter learn to swim as well.

Have a proper holiday (to hell with the finances) only had a 3 day break last year, and the Mrs works in a high pressure area, so want to surprise here by having a holiday booked by the end of January.

Look after the health - had some health problems a few years back which really knocked me, so going to continue focussing on the health, weight and fitness.

Try and gain some certifications for professional development and to look seriously at finishing my masters.

Switch off from the bad news - turn on a good comedy instead of the constant onslaught of bad news that the newspapers, radio and TV deliver.

What about you guys, any resolutions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭kearney13

Hope you get to stick to them OP :)

I'm starting a job with bord na mona this wedensday so just plan on making the best of impressions and for the first time ever I bought a diary and keep track of every single penny I earn and spend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

kearney13 wrote: »
    Hope you get to stick to them OP :)

I'm starting a job with bord na mona this wedensday so just plan on making the best of impressions and for the first time ever I bought a diary and keep track of every single penny I earn and spend

Best of luck with the new job kearney13, hope it works out well for you.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 redcortina

Best of luck, Yea i'm hoping to get through my masters too. January exams in lest than two weeks. Being on this probably isn't helping, But maybe in the new year ill be better. ha :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

to get into an open relationship. sounds like fun :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Read more
    Spend less time on my ass
    Get back into running / hill walking
    Cut out procastinating (maybe this should be first :pac: )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Read more
    Spend less time on my ass

Can't beat a bit of jog-reading. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

amacachi wrote: »
    Can't beat a bit of jog-reading. :pac:

A bit of HIIT Jogging / Running / Reading :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Spend less time online.
    Lose weight
    Able to grow a moustache (hair on my face still isn't growing like a proper fella) :pac:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Katy perry

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Relax and realise I'm good at what I do :)
    Break no more bones!
    Excel at work.
    Make more of an effort to skype friends abroad.
    Lose 20kg!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I have a few but I'm not going to say what they are unless/until I actually achieve them.

That's my new years resolution!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Learn to drive.. before I'm 30. I encourage people to annoy me about this. Thanks!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Tone up (not necessarily lose weight but less flab)
    Put myself out there more and say yes to more things
    Take more weekend trips

Daisies wrote: »

I decided to do this a few years back. One of the best things I ever did. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Daisies wrote: »

Wasn't there someone in the papers or the media over the last few years who did something like that, where they basically decided to say yes to anything that people suggested to him.

Well he said yes within reason I think!

G-Money wrote: »
    Wasn't there someone in the papers or the media over the last few years who did something like that, where they basically decided to say yes to anything that people suggested to him.

Made a film and all! :D

Larianne wrote: »
    Learn to drive.. before I'm 30. I encourage people to annoy me about this. Thanks!

Learn to drive!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I decided to do this a few years back. One of the best things I ever did. :)
    G-Money wrote: »

I can imagine the hilarious consequences that would ensue. Well I need to get myself out there after being away. Need more friends :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

To get as fit as possible(fitness not fatness in 2012 :p). I'm going to start going to the gym before work.

Take up an evening class

Play football one evening a week.

I'm not making a resolution to learn to drive...it is a possible thing this year though.

This is not a proper resolution but I hope to continue as I ended 2011. This year has been very good to me and I'm in a much better place than I was last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

Learn to play the mandolin.

Seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Race ya. :pac: I'm starting lessons soon...passed the theory in November (aged 29).

Generally not a fan of resolutions, but I'll say completing my MA and keeping up running.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭claire983

I never make any new years resolutions but this year i am and i'm sticking to them ALL.
    Get more active, jogging roller blading, camoige
    Spend more quality time with my little one.
    Learn how to drive, pass my theory test first
    Be more positive about life
    Learn to let go of the past, be happy and find love
    :)

Black Oil wrote: »
    Race ya. :pac: I'm starting lessons soon...passed the theory in November (aged 29).

You're on. I have till October. :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Snaparoo. :cool:

You're on so! :pac:

damnit

I've till august 2014 so :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

For once, im not going to tell everyone my big plans and end up not doing them.

This year I have my goals and ill just shut up and achieve them. Fingers crossed.

Maybe I might even get over my ex!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Lavezzi

My plan is to earn 10 million peso (176,247 euro) this year. That's if total tyranny hasn't already been unleashed by then.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Get fit, lose some weight and tone up a little. Injured myself fairly badly a few years ago and even though I'm still not 100% I've been using it as an excuse stopping me getting back into sports again. Need to get off my ass and do it.

Clear the rest of my debts, 60% gone in the last 18 months, so the remaining 40% to go. Hopefully by the end the year.. I hope :)

Last and not least, enjoy the year ahead, continue spending time with family and friends and try and improve myself in some way to make myself a better person :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

Lavezzi wrote: »
    My plan is to earn 10 million peso (176,247 euro) this year. That's if total tyranny hasn't already been unleashed by then.

Phillipines? Doing what?

Advertisement