Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2014

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

IND - ATL CHI MIA - OKC
    OKC - MEM LAC SAN - IND

Indiana to beat Atlanta, Chicago and Miami. Lose to Oklahoma in the Final
    Oklahoma to beat Memphis, Los Angles and San Antonio. Beat Pacers in the Final.

Thought that was fairly self explanatory but, I seem to have overestimated the intelligence of my audience, apologizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

What?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I'm genuinely shocked :confused::confused:

Covering his ass after all his comments earlier in the year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

After all your talk about the Pacers this season, I thought you'd have some faith in your team actually winning the title. That's why I said I was shocked.
    Thought that was fairly self explanatory but, I seem to have overestimated the intelligence of my audience, apologizes.

Yeah, funny enough, I know how playoff basketball works. I also know to stick with your team through thick and thin and want them to win everything, not just a conference :)

Moving on from this, BT have updated their playoff schedule this weekend:

Live Saturday:

Hawks@Pacers - Midnight
    Grizzlies@Thunder - 2.30 a.m.

Live Sunday:
    Bobcats@Heat - 8.30 p.m.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

IND - ATL CHI MIA - OKC
    OKC - MEM LAC SAN - IND

Indiana to beat Atlanta, Chicago and Miami. Lose to Oklahoma in the Final
    Oklahoma to beat Memphis, Los Angles and San Antonio. Beat Pacers in the Final.

I was too distracted and in awe of your artistic skills to know what you were on about. My apologies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Series odds...

East
    Pacers 1.16 - Hawks 5.5
    Heat 1.04 - Bobcats 12.5
    Raptors 2.4 - Nets 1.62
    Bulls 1.5 - Wizards 2.7

West
    Spurs 1.11 - Mavs 7.0
    Thunder 1.23 - Grizzlies 4.25
    Clippers 1.23 - Warriors 4.25
    Rockets 1.47 - Blazers 2.75

So according to that, the closest series will be Raptors-Nets, and next closest Wizards-Bulls :eek:

They're giving the Grizz a bit of a chance as well, the Thunder not as short as some of the other contenders.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

I think the West will ultimately beat the East regardless of the conference champions.
    OKC cleaned the Spurs in the reg season 4 - 0. I see them as the best team right now, The Spurs are a close 2nd. I love my Pacers and I think they will win the East, beating the Heat.
    But OKC may be a step too far, Durrant and Westbrook are the stars but the guy I most fear most for the Pacers in the final is the completely underrated Serge Ibaka.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

padraig_f wrote: »
    Series odds...

East
    Pacers 1.16 - Hawks 5.5
    Heat 1.04 - Bobcats 12.5
    Raptors 2.4 - Nets 1.62
    Bulls 1.5 - Wizards 2.7

West
    Spurs 1.11 - Mavs 7.0
    Thunder 1.23 - Grizzlies 4.25
    Clippers 1.23 - Warriors 4.25
    Rockets 1.47 - Blazers 2.75

So according to that, the closest series will be Raptors-Nets, and next closest Wizards-Bulls :eek:

They're giving the Grizz a bit of a chance as well, the Thunder not as short as some of the other contenders.

I agree with those to be honest. Raptors and Wizards the two most likely teams to cause a scalp in the first round IMO. I have both series' going to 7.

No betting talk, please Some people will claim to be offended.

In saying that, it's bread n butter time :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Everyone cool it down please. No more dismissing of other posters intelligence please. The playoffs haven't.even started!

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    I agree with those to be honest. Raptors and Wizards the two most likely teams to cause a scalp in the first round IMO. I have both series' going to 7.

I thought it would be more comfortable, but possibly underrating the Wizards. Spread for Sunday's game is -4.5, so seems like they're rating them virtually equal, with the Bulls having the home court edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Paully D wrote: »

Would the nets or bulls really be considered scalps for raptors and wizards though

padraig_f wrote: »
    I thought it would be more comfortable, but possibly underrating the Wizards. Spread for Sunday's game is -4.5, so seems like they're rating them virtually equal, with the Bulls having the home court edge.

They're a horrible matchup for us. I think Augustin and Gibson coming off the bench, plus Thibs coaching, will just about see us over the line but I think it will take 7 and wouldn't be at all surprised if the Wizards squeaked it either.

Hinrich's defense of Wall probably the key area of the series. If Kirk's on it every game then it might be a bit more comfortable.
    shamrock55 wrote: »
    Would the nets or bulls really be considered scalps for raptors and wizards though

Yeah, good point.

I just meant it in the sense that they'd be knocking off a team the bookies deem to be better. I do think the Bulls would be a scalp for the Wizards taking everything into account (young side, haven't really done anything in the playoffs for yonks) but the Nets for the Raptors, not really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Raptors in 6. I do not think the Nets have anybody who can realistically guard DeRozan or Ross. This is also the series that Kyle Lowry shows he is the best point guard in the East as he abuses DWill on both ends of the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Raptors in 6. I do not think the Nets have anybody who can realistically guard DeRozan or Ross. This is also the series that Kyle Lowry shows he is the best point guard in the East as he abuses DWill on both ends of the floor.

The nets tanked their way into the 6th spot, because they wanted to play the Raptors. The Nets have a massive advantage when it comes to playoff experience, and that could prove pivotal. There are huges questions around Amir Johnson's health

You say no one can guard DeRozan or Ross. Joe Johnson has a massive upperhand over Ross, and I would expect Joe to take Ross into the post an awful lot. D Will can put pressure on Lowry on the offensive end with post ups,l and I don't think Lowry will be abusing him on the defensive end.:pac:
    I think the Raptors will win 2 games, but the Nets should advance.

df75f3d75a75820ed938c34a802becbf.png

Watched the Bad Boys 30 for 30 last night, wasn't sure if I was gonna like it, but thought it was brilliant.

5:30 is nearly upon us, come on the raptors!!

Think the Nets will see this one as an opportunity to steal a road game, the occasion could be a bit of a distraction to the Raptors' players.

Ugh, the choice of song for the Playoffs always leaves me banging my head repeatedly off a wall.

Anyway, great atmosphere in Air Canada Center.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

D Will playing great, and the Nets are asking a lot of questions on the offensive end.

Nets up 50-46 at the half

• Registered Users Posts: 11,485 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

NufcNavan wrote: »

Halftime in Game 1. D-Will : 18 points, Derozan and Ross combined: 4 points.

Raptors have more turnovers then baskets in first half and are only 4 behind, 2nd half can only be better, raptors to win by 4+

Nets got an amazing half from D-Will and Ross and DeRozan haven't gotten going yet, but the Nets are only up 4. Need to cut out some fo those dumbass turnovers and they'll win comfortably.

End of 3Q - Nets lead it 67-62

Shot clocks are out, stop watches being used and a massive 3 by Lowry to close the quarter, momentum turner?

Electric atmosphere. This is what the playoffs are about.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,485 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Now we have a game on our hands....tied up at 67

Toronto arent doi g enough, both teams poor on offense tbf, is that crowd outside the stadium:eek:

• Advertisement

Nets 0-19 from 3-point range after starting 3-4. Jesus.

Advertisement