Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Life Mortgage insurance not taken

Options
  • 06-03-2014 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else having issues with the mortgage protection insurance from Irish Life not being taken?

My Feb payment was not taken, even though every time I speak to them they say on their records that it is collected, although the 3rd time I spoke to someone they acknowledged that there have been some issues and that they'll probably collect double payment in March.

However the next one was due March 1 and I've still not had that payment taken either. They have the correct payment details as they sent a letter confirming the SEPA arrangement, although they haven't taken a payment from that account, as it was a new one opened to replace my Dankse account.

I'm going to give it a few more days as they said when I rang about the Feb payment that it is up to 10 days before they can tell if there is an issue, but just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

Is anyone else having issues with the mortgage protection insurance from Irish Life not being taken?..................
    Yes am in the middle of trying to sort this messs out from Danske **** and Irish life.............I

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Good luck Skippy2.

What happened in my situation was the first direct debit was not changed over in time and they tried to take it from the closed Danske account, even though they had the new PTSB numbers (and had written to me saying such). So then, instead of next month taking it from PTSB they cancelled the direct debate for the new account as apparently this is what their system does if a direct debit is returned, even if you have the new details on record with them. Fortunately they sorted it all out for me over the phone and I've had no problems since.

Advertisement