Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nVidia Driver Version Discrepancy & Temp Issue

Options
  • 16-01-2014 11:04pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27

lmy2LLg.png

I know the driver versions are different, but they appear to be a totally different format anyway. The date is what's puzzling me.

and to save my making a new thread, does anyone know a utility that can monitor my GPU temperature? I have CoreTemp but it only does CPU.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 ArmandHammer

Actually just came across that before seeing this!

My laptop is cutting out without warning while I play any 3D games (no problems with Football Manager). It's doing it with games I have previously played without issue so I want to see if it's a temperature issue by checking logs immediately prior to any shutdown, and if that's the problem I might look into replacing the thermal paste on the GPU/CPU.

I think I'm on the right track at least?

Advertisement