Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless suddenly not working on Sony Vaio

• 12-01-2014 1:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭

This is really annoying me - the wireless on my sony vaio suddenly stopped working a few days ago; it keeps saying that the wireless capability is turned off but it isn't because I've checked - it's enabled on my laptop and the switch at the front of the laptop is switched on also.

Can anyone offer a solution?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Maybe the hardware switch is faulty? Cheapest workaround is probably a USB wifi adapter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

I've an old Sony VAIO, N series I think. The wireless switch is a little faulty. Turn it off and on and it usually works again. Sometimes it takes a couple of goes, you have to wait a few seconds to see if it's starting to connect again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭legrand

you don't state model but I'm aware of reported wireless adapter issue experienced on some models..

check out here http://forum.notebookreview.com/sony/

Advertisement