Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

River Suck

Options
  • 30-06-2010 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭

Anyone know any good spots for Pike or Trout fishing on the Suck, went to Donamon for pike before and it was terrible. Also any good pike lakes in Roscommon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭decdon

Anyone know any good spots for Pike or Trout fishing on the Suck, went to Donamon for pike before and it was terrible. Also any good pike lakes in Roscommon?

Lok at this website http://www.shannon-fishery-board.ie/guides/coarse/coarse_map.htm

You could spend hours wondering where to go. there are also game fishing rivers, lakes and fishing reports on that SRFB site.
    http://www.shannon-fishery-board.ie/guides/game/game_map.htm

all you need is the permit which can also be purchased online (which I'm sure ya already have if you were fishing on the Suck)
    Good luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭locohobo

Hey David...
    Am only familiar with the Ballinasloe area of the Suck..
    If your intent on trying that area you could try the Ballygill area..Its about 3 to 4 mile out the Ahascra road from Ballinasloe. Take the station road and turn right. I think it is signposted as Ballygill...The stretch around Ballygill bridge is/was good for trout. If you stand on bridge looking down river, then fish down l/h bank for a mile or two, (I know, bit far but worth it) Great place for pike..
    Tight lines.....icon14.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

Thanks lads, must try Ballinasloe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Was on the Ballygill stretch on Sunday and it fished very poorly. ive been fishing the Suck for years and never seen the water level so low, lots of coarse fish around in the deeper pools tho. Very hot and sunny so didnt help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

Anyone fished Boyle River, heard it was good for trout.

• Advertisement
Advertisement