Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Agreed. I'd imagine Utd would be better at grinding out the wins. Wasn't it Boro at home a few years ago which Utd failed to win on their run in which was a setback at the time, but they ultimately won the league? Memory is sketchy. But it goes to show that the top teams can slip up as the pressure comes on

I remember we dropped points to Boro in 07/08 season alright im sure been another.

Actually Boro were team that we dropped points to in the 96/97 season too in 3-3 draw I remember Gary Neville scored same day, was bad 2 points to drop at the time, but hung on to win league with bit to spare in end.

Trilla wrote: »
    Mine would be Scholes, Irwin, Ronaldo, Robson and Ole

Though it is tough. Leaving out Schmeichel, Keane and Gibbo was very tough :)

how did I forget him:eek: as he was handy enough :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

My favourite players from the early 2000s to now are G. Neville, Beckham, VDS, Ronaldo and Keane.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭POSSY

MANUTD99 wrote: »
    When I was a kid all I ever wanted to be like was Mark Hughes. My favorite United player of all time.

Anyone remember the FA Cup 3rd game away to Sheff Utd.He lost the ball and then kicked yer man right up the hole in retaliation. I loved him

I loved Sparky and would have had him in my top 5 but I just couldn't let him after managing City.. same reason a certain Danish lad isn't in mine either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Assuming you mean Robbo?

Were you around for Besty as well? Wish id have seen him

This.. but have to make do with clips the closest i'll get too have watched him is Giggs not a bad second though

while we are on the topic this might be a good time to watch

Edit: Apologies for what I think is Swedish(?)... some shot by Sparky!

Just off top my head, but what is Jesper Blomqvist at these days?

is he still in football coaching or anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Heres an Interesting stat you:
    If the premier league started on January 1st 2012, Liverpool would be bottom of the table

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

If the premier league started on January 1st 2012, Liverpool would be bottom of the table

No way. I take it though the newly promoted and relegated teams aren't counted.... surely!

Another interesting stat... since January 1st 2012: 95% of Liverpool fans have claimed next year is THE year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

I was going to say this is not the thread for it but if it was in the Pool superthread it may explode.

Oh, and its more hilarious than interesting :D

Is Nani out for Monday?

I was going to say this is not the thread for it but if it was in the Pool superthread it may explode.

Oh, and its more hilarious than interesting :D

Name you price and il do it

Is Nani out for Monday?

Aye he's hitting Deansgrange. Said he'd meet us out!

3 points on Monday ;)

Aye he's hitting Deansgrange. Said he'd meet us out!

I'll be in the south bar, call me

3 points on Monday ;)
    Challenge accepted,

If im not seen after you know why

I'll be in the south bar, call me

It's all about the Lesiureplex for Nani lads

POSSY wrote: »
    I've never posted in the 'Pool thread... it could be a good way for me to pop my cherry so to speak!

have not done for long long time, but take fools advice dont post things like that in there, they tend have the one rule for us motto. ;)

• Advertisement

have not done for long long time, but take fools advice dont post things like that in there, they tend have the one rule for us motto. ;)

In fairness if David Attenborough has one rule it's when observing wildlife like the angry Scouser you must not get involved...even if they are eating thier young! :pac: :D

2 smileys just to prove it's all a joke!

It's all about the Lesiureplex for Nani lads

As long as its not the birdcage.... a 10minute nightmare I'll never forget

Don't worry he's a fiend for the bowling... the only thing that get's him out of there is the promise of sliders in Eddies

Wigan and Pool on rte2 now... fun times!

Wigan and Pool on rte2 now... fun times!

I just wanna say meh

• Advertisement

I just wanna say meh

Seeing Suarez celebrating a goal scored with his arm and then said goal being disallowed makes me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

I had some laugh in there after the champions league semi final last year. Full of young ones from college

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

A lot of foolish people in here more excited with Liverpool dropping points then City? Grow up

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    I had some laugh in there after the champions league semi final last year. Full of young ones from college

Serious? Trust me the night I had in their was almost the exact opposite, lets just say 5 innocent irish lads queued up to the wrong club on the wrong night!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

RasTa wrote: »
    A lot of foolish people in here more excited with Liverpool dropping points then City? Grow up

For fúck sake it's a bit of banter. Lighten up.

• Advertisement

You might wanna buy a shovel to get all the sand out of your vagina... it's just some banter on a day that's been very good for Utd, if you find that such an issue then "geehhht out"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

baz2009 wrote: »
    For fúck sake it's a bit of banter. Lighten up.
    You might wanna buy a shovel to get all the sand out of your vagina... it's just some banter on a day that's been very good for Utd, if you find that such an issue then "geehhht out"

Take your banter to one of the 4 ongoing threads about Liverpool atm. Fed up with the constant willy waving about Liverpool in here. If it's not player discussions it's team etc etc. since when did discussing Liverpool become so important in the MUFC thread?

Take your banter to one of the 4 ongoing threads about Liverpool atm. Fed up with the constant willy waving about Liverpool in here. If it's not player discussions it's team etc etc. since when did discussing Liverpool become so important in the MUFC thread?

When did having a quick light-hearted discussion about the issues of our biggest rivals become something that football fans might discuss... hmmm when did football begin because it would have been right around then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Liverpool will always remain United's biggest rivals, not to be interested in whats going with them is like not having vinegar with your chips.

Liverpool will always remain United's biggest rivals, not to be interested in whats going with them is like not having vinegar with your chips.

I hate vinegar!

When did having a quick light-hearted discussion about the issues of our biggest rivals become something that football fans might discuss... hmmm when did football begin because it would have been right around then!

Sure lads its all fun and games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Now Skeeter, he ain't hurtin' nobody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

liverpool are only bigger rivals over here in ireland, as they have more supporters than city, so losing to them hurts more.

right now, city are our biggest rivals (and always have been to 1000s of united fans in manchester) and liverpool arent even close. the united v liverpool games are huge and bigger than any game in terms of the actual game itself, but overall, liverpool could win 10-0 or lose 10-0 for all i care, as long as we finish the league ahead of city.

then we start all over again in august and we can worry about liverpool then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Stoke for doing us a favour,they actually tried to beat City unlike Chelsea the other night.
    I hate this wait until Monday night though.Let's show Fulham no mercy & put a few past them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭VW 1

Watching Arsenal over the last while and today, Alex Song would be an absolutely fantastic addition to our midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Image shamelessly borrowed from a telegraph article !

A young Ryan Giggs accompanied by an even younger Danny Nii Tackie Mensah Welbeck ! :D

WN-Welbeck2_2176526b.jpg

Turns out Danny grew up across the road from the Brown's ! Had kick abouts with them and the 3 of them end up at Man Utd. That doesn't happen too often. Wes and Reece's father sounds like a right old legend too!

Oh and Man City let Danny go when he was 8.. tut tut.. :D

That article says we are playing at CC on Monday. Had to double check it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

That article says we are playing at CC on Monday. Had to double check it

Away to Blackburn the Monday after that too! stupid Monday games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Anyone fancy winning the league @ City! I do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Expect a easy enough win at home on Monday. Beat them 5-0 down in London, so I expect more of the same, especially with City slipping up today, time to power on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Anyone fancy winning the league @ City! I do!

I'd back against it, saying that I think United will win all they're games up to that one and the Swansea game after it.Sunderland away is the hardest game left besides the City game and its the last day of the season! Hopefully City will slip again :)

In fairness United have the handiest run in you could ask for, City have a tough one

Monday, March 26 2012
    Manchester United - Fulham (20.00)
    Monday, April 2 2012
    Blackburn Rovers - Manchester United (20.00)
    Sunday, April 8 2012
    Manchester United - Queens Park Rangers (13.30)
    Wednesday, April 11 2012
    Wigan Athletic - Manchester United (19.45)
    Sunday, April 15 2012
    Manchester United - Aston Villa (16.00)
    Sunday, April 22 2012
    Manchester United - Everton (12.30)
    Monday, April 30 2012
    Manchester City - Manchester United (20.00)
    Sunday, May 6 2012
    Manchester United - Swansea City (14.00)
    Sunday, May 13 2012
    Sunderland - Manchester United (15.00)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Sound Stoke, for at least giving it the same amount of socks you did against us.

Crouchy, who knew?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

I know alot of people here liked rvn and rated him as one of the best poachers in recent times...

How would people compare mario gomez to him? Tearing **** up in germany and probably the best poacher in the world at the moment imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I know alot of people here liked rvn and rated him as one of the best poachers in recent times...

How would people compare mario gomez to him? Tearing **** up in germany and probably the best poacher in the world at the moment imo.

I have debated this with people plenty of time, its far too early for me to go into all my thoughts on him again, but Ill say this, the man just scores goals. Wouldnt be his biggest fan in terms of his ability, but by fcuk does he score goals.

Have him backed to be Bundesliga top scorer, have him backed to be CL top scorer (fcuk you Messi) dont think there is a need for him at the club however

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement