Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE countdown live or not

• 31-12-2008 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Does anyone know if the new year countdown on rte is live or pre-recorded.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

No idea, but..

..wtf is this crap on rte at the moment? Seriously? It's "now that's tv 2008" or something, and it's the biggest load of unfunny rubbish I've seen from RTE in a long time. And that's saying something.

I feel like asking for my license fee back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Awful, awful, awful. Awful enough to deserve its own thread to highlight its awfulness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,792 ✭✭✭Trampas

If it was live they would be pushing it hard.

Hasn't been live in years so why change. Much cheaper not to have it live.

They have Robbie Keane one year and he wouldn't have been there cause I think he had a match on New Years Day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

A few clever touches I though esp the moments on the couch with Seoige.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

You mean this Turbidy show that's on right now? I think it's live. Didn't Leo Sayer mention he had just rang in the new year in Australia? I wasn't really paying attention but I'm sure he said something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

And I bought my first ever tv license 2 days ago. Jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Deflector

It is live and has been for the past two years.

Someone's going have to have fun with a hoover in Studio 4 in morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

Heckler wrote: »

don't worry, your entire tv license fee didn't go into the making of this show. in fact, if you add up all the hours broadcast on RTE tv and radio over the year or consider the budget of this show as a proportion of their yearly budget I'm sure it represents next to nothing of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Heckler wrote: »

You should have waited 2 more days , you have paid for the whole of December now.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Deflector

The fact that licence payers' money is now lining the €2000+ apperances fees for Liz O'Kane et al must really endear Tubs' show to other posters now.

Haha I love it.

Not a bad show tonight - hit a bum note with Kenny zzzzzzz Egan, but otherwise light-hearted and relaxed. A lot of dodgy breaks in transmission for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

jhegarty wrote: »
    You should have waited 2 more days , you have paid for the whole of December now.

Fairly sure it covers me for the next year :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

LookingFor wrote: »
    and it's the biggest load of unfunny rubbish I've seen from RTE in a long time. !

Was it billed as a comedy show?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭donmaga1

RTE never do the new year live last year they had the new year gong at 11.55. It was recorded 3 weeks ago. Friends worked on it. The unions would want loads of cash for the night.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

donmaga1 wrote: »
    RTE never do the new year live last year they had the new year gong at 11.55. It was recorded 3 weeks ago. Friends worked on it. The unions would want loads of cash for the night.

rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Went channel hopping from 11:30 right up until midnight, I thiought RTE was (as usual) really crapp . . . turned over to BBC One which I thought was right on the button (as they always are) With the Big 10,9,8, countdown followed by a massive 20 Min Firework display (Via My Hi Fi system) :) I also thought Jools was Greeaaaat on BBC Two (pre-recorded or not)?, got in a bit of Elton at the O2 on UTV which was really FAB (if you like Elton).

Why cant RTE get it sorted on News years Eve? every year its the same little parochial chat about how far we have come since 1916 & God bless Joe Dolan, etc etc etc > or an I out of step with the rest of ye ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

The coundtown at 3, 2 1 and 0. 0 happened on RTÉ at 00:00:41.

Sooooo, i think it was delayed anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

That was the vilest piece of TV I've seen in a long time. In contrast I found Bernie Lynch or whatever her name is to be amusing in a very bawdy way. Near the knuckle but at least she made an effort.

Advertisement