Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cycle Against Suicide -Ashbourne Spin Off - 21 March

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭Midnight64

Can the mods make this a "sticky" until the 21st please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭furiousox

What's the route/distance?

CPL 593H

furiousox wrote: »
    What's the route/distance?

Approximately 50 km.

All abilities CYCLING TOGETHER. THIS IS NOT A RACE.

Route will be plotted this weekend but will take in:
    Ashbourne - Skryne - Hill Of Tara - Dunsany - Dunshaughlin - Fairyhouse - Ratoath - Ashbourne.

Start and finish at Donaghmore and Ashbourne GAA with a sos beag at Dunsany and a mass photo op. at The Hill Of Tara.

Expected set off at 10am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

@Midnight64,

This cycle is for a great cause, however, I think, that by charging 30 Euro to non Cycling Ireland members, you will put off a lot of people.
    A 50Km leisure cycle will be most appealing to the people, that you are charging the most.

I hope, that you take the above criticism, in the spirit, in which it is offered.
    Best of luck.

Eamonn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Where are the funds going to?

• Advertisement

Eamonnator wrote: »
    @Midnight64,

This cycle is for a great cause, however, I think, that by charging 30 Euro to non Cycling Ireland members, you will put off a lot of people.
    A 50Km leisure cycle will be most appealing to the people, that you are charging the most.

I hope, that you take the above criticism, in the spirit, in which it is offered.
    Best of luck.

Eamonn.

I appreciate your query in the spirit it is made.

The registration fee is set and collected by CAS, part of which goes to the insurance.

I will try to get a breakdown for you.

There is normally a fantastic turn-out for these events.

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Where are the funds going to?

The bulk go to CAS. I will try to get a breakdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Midnight64 wrote: »
    The bulk go to CAS. I will try to get a breakdown.
    Thanks it wasn't clear from the link I would echo Eamonn's points above.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

The thread title suggests the spin is off, is it still on or not?

RobFowl wrote: »
    The thread title suggests the spin is off, is it still on or not?

I see the confusion. The side events like this one events have been called a "Spin Off".

So the "Spin Off" is on.

I will pass on your comment.

• Advertisement

As a follow-up to the questions above:
    After the CI insurance is covered, the balance goes to the charity CAS and helps fund their activities in spreading awareness and the Student Congress.

I would also reiterate here that there is usually a very good turn-out to these Spin-offs.

I hope that has answered your questions.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,534 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Midnight64 wrote: »
    Can the mods make this a "sticky" until the 21st please?
    I've responded to your PM on the topic but for everyone else's benefit I shall repeat what I said here
    Beasty wrote:
    Whilst it's a very worthy cause we generally do not stick threads like that. If we did it for this event there are a number of other causes that could warrant similar treatment We also try to keep the bare minimum of stickies in the forum

Cheers

Beasty
    If anyone has any questiosn please PM me - please do not continue this discussion here

Thank you for responding Beasty.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1lO2VsNt0WsVUItUkluVmlQdjRTUjhfSkxHR3FFYURVVEVn/edit?pli=1
    Hopefully you can see the plotted route in the attached. It was measured today at 50.1 km.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,534 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I've updated the thread title to include the date of the event

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Fathead

Is the set off time 10 or 11 there is conflicting start times across Facebook pages etc.

The set-off time is 10am (so we should be back in time for the festival of 6-Nations rugby!!)

For anyone who has not registered on-line registration will be between 08:00 and 09:30 on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

These are good events. Did the Blarney one in January. Well run and well supported.
    I'm doing a couple of days on the main 2015 this year too.

Advertisement