Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mocks 2016 ***No Requests, use the Search button! READ FIRST POST before posting!***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

Randomk98 wrote: »
    I'm looking for Accounting/Physics Examcraft???
    Accounting:
    60 mark revaluation, 60 mark club account, 100 mark Q5 (essay on a report to bank manager), 100 mark published, 100 mark suspense, 100 mark cash budget (might have some production budget stuff but still not sure).

• Registered Users Posts: 6 erbearsquare

I had Biology D.E.B today! Higher level
    Experiments
    Ecology
    Dicot plant
    pH Enymes

Long questions:
    DNA
    Ecology
    Muscles, Heart, bones
    Respiraton
    The ear, lymphatic system,homeostasis
    The Placenta, transport in plants, tropisms

• Registered Users Posts: 6 erbearsquare

And Examcraft HL French today too

Comprehensions:
    About a guy who spends no money

About a student meeting her teacher for coffee

Essays:
    Something about life
    Or
    Would you help your teacher if they were in a difficult situation

Journal about I don't know
    Or
    A note to a teaching assistant

Social media basically
    Or
    Pollution (a picture of sea pollution)

The leaving cert
    Or
    Emigration

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭hubluh

English HL DEB Paper 1
    Question B:
    Text 1: Imagine you are a refugee in Ireland. Write the text of the talk explaining why you chose to come here and the positive and negative aspects of life in Ireland.
    Text 2: A book proposal(with brief outline of book,explain why you have chosen it and describe aspects of the book.
    Text 3: An editorial for a national newspaper about the aftermath of a recent sporting event,educational or political controversy.(include:express your own views on the matter, outline how participants in the dispute behaved and examine the consequences)
    Composition:
    1. Short story: the main character makes a decision that sets gim or her free.
    2. Personal essay: the importance of being true to yourself
    3. Speech: delivered to your local council in which you urge them to deal with what you consider to be the most pressing concerns in your area.
    4.Discursive essay: the importance of finding quiet time in a world that offers endless opportunities for communication.
    5.Speech: ' Young people should have a stronger voice in Ireland today".
    6. Feature article: for popular magazine on the need for love and acceptance in our lives
    7. Short story: a characters life is transformed by circumstances outside of their world

• Registered Users Posts: 10 NiallM8

I have maths HL paper 1 DEB finished today. If anybody would like some of the questions pm me and ill help you out

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Conorh1892

Physics HL (examcraft I think, barcode was in top right corner) there was a lot of choice and I can't remember it all but
    experiments:
    acceleration proportional to force
    speed of sound in air
    resistivity of a nichrome wire
    either latent heat of vaporisation/fusion (I cant remember which, sorry!)

regular questions:
    satellites & circular/linear motion
    gravitational/centripetal force
    lenses & refraction
    how a freezer works & latent heat of fusion
    Archimedes & air density/pressure & upthrust
    gold foil exp & rutherford model of atom

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Randomk98

Conorh1892 wrote: »
    Physics HL (examcraft I think, barcode was in top right corner) there was a lot of choice and I can't remember it all but
    experiments:
    acceleration proportional to force
    speed of sound in air
    resistivity of a nichrome wire
    either latent heat of vaporisation/fusion (I cant remember which, sorry!)

regular questions:
    satellites & circular/linear motion
    gravitational/centripetal force
    lenses & refraction
    how a freezer works & latent heat of fusion
    Archimedes & air density/pressure & upthrust
    gold foil exp & rutherford model of atom

We were told one of the experiments was
    Methods of mixtures.
    That sound right for Q4?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ShaneReaction 123

DEB Irish Hl

Paper Two:
    Comprehensions: Easter Rising and Boxing
    Prós: An Gnáthrud (About the ending)
    Filíocht: Mo ghrá-sa (idir lúibíní)
    A Thig Na Thit Orm: (Maidhc has learned a lot from his family and teachers.Discuss)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 FionnD

NiallM8 wrote: »
    If anybody has HL Construction done would you mind pm me please!
    For exam craft, the 2 sketches is a door and window. Know the timber frame drawing because you have to sketch it. The U-Value and heat loss are on it. A question on how to prevent dampness entering the house. Know Zone heating and a hot water system as well as a solar panel. Best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30 cxxlin

I really don't get how you're all requesting when it's been stated in the title and in the thread itself that there's no requests...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Han27

saoirse23 wrote: »
    Do you know anyone who did OL French DEB...have a rather I'll friend just out of hospital who could really use a hand.And HL Irish paper 2

Think it was DEB

Overal a easy enough paper

Comprehensions
    Students experience with school
    Something to do with websites
    Guy who plays table tennis
    Something to do with a guy who sees a ghost (really weird)

Fill in the gaps was like your sorry for replying late you had exams and were studying. You were in some kind of crash I think and you had to get a new car. Was kind of hard.

Formulaire was to work somewhere abroad 1 Q was answer on your hobbies.

Last written bit I done a postcard and points were
    -Your away on a beach with friends for 2 weeks
    -Your going to a party later that night
    - You hope to visit a place tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

STOP
    MAKING
    REQUESTS
    ITS
    IN
    THE
    TITLE
    AND
    FIRST

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ItssDylannnn

wellm8 wrote: »
    Higher!
    In the DEB paper (bar code on the top left) I know Maslow's theory of motivation and a question on CAP and the European social charter, something to do with product development (There was a feasibility study, a prototype and two of the others.) You have to put them in over and then explain two of them. In that same question there was a question on job and batch production. There was a question o the sale of goods act so learn that one. Also a question on contracts, something about how to cancel them I think it was. If I'm not mistaken I think the Industrial relations act came up as well.In the short questions there was a question to do with a break even chats, learn how to work it all out! That all I can think of at the moment, messaged a few of the lads in the class and they cant' remember. I know that question mentioned above is near the end of the paper, I think its the 2nd last question. Sorry if its not helpful, I done the test on Tuesday and its all gone out of my head :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ShaneReaction 123

hubluh wrote: »
    What were the questions for the extra poetry?
    (A Chlann)

Main theme?
    Meaning of last stanza?
    What can we learn from person who wrote poem?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭MusicLover8498

Just testing spoilers before I post something

History Higher Level! DEB I think barcode top left corner :rolleyes:

CASE STUDY:
    Show Trials, question was on Stalin's use of show trials to consolidate power.

SOVEREIGNTY AND PARTITION:
    1. Why did the 1916 Rising happen and to what extent was the 1916 Rising a success?
    2. How did the Treaty lead to Civil War
    3. Something about De Valera's financial and international policies I think
    4. Something about culture North and South

NORTHERN IRELAND:
    1. Something about loyalist and nationalist terrorism
    2. Not sure Anglo Irish Agreement maybe?
    3. Can't remember
    4. Impact of one or more of the following on Northern Ireland: The Apprentice Boys; Seamus Heaney; Ecumenism

UNITED STATES:
    1. Urban Poverty, drugs, crime and racial conflict
    2. Decline in Cold War policies I think
    3. Why did Johnson escalate Vietnam and how did this impact on US domestic affairs
    4. Really can't remember what this was

Overall a very nice exam imo let's hope for something as nice in June :P:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 saoirse23

Hans27 thanks a million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

erich0779 wrote: »
    DCG Deb Higher level - just finished the paper today can give people hints if they're interested
    NiallM8 wrote: »
    I have maths HL paper 1 DEB finished today. If anybody would like some of the questions pm me and ill help you out
    Far better to post hints (spoilered of course), unless you want your mailbox packed with PMs from frantic panicky people! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Jdoe

OL IRISH P2
    think it was Examcraft, paper one was about why I live my phone and moving school.

Comprehension about Mary black and athletics, seemed more difficult than they usually are for OL!

DÍS - 5 general questions about the story just learn the summary.

CÁCA MILLIS - 2 points about Paul's personality and terrible things that Catherine done to him

AN SPALPÍN FÁNACH - 2 points of theme
    2 images 2 reasons why you did/didn't like it

GÉIBHEANN - 5 general questions about the poem(short) 2 emotions 2 reasons why you did/ didn't like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 nikkilc

Anyone else find Ordinary level Maths P1 pretty difficult? Not sure what paper we had but there was
    a q9 about two companys and it was a function and a graph and I hadn't a clue what I was supposed to do :P
    Other's in my class said they found it difficult too but I am fairly disappointed because P1 is usually my strength :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

Some more in depth info about DEB Biology higher level:
    Short questions: 1 and 2 were food and ecology as usual, straight-forward enough, 3 was digestion (define peristalsis, adaptations of villi, role of bile), 4 was genetics involving non-nuclear DNA, 5 was osmosis, 6 was about labelling some sort of plant structure and defining dormancy, must have been from one of the plant chapters in section 3.
    The first experiment wasn't really so much of an experiment as a general ecology question in my opinion, there was stuff about competition and then a little bit about estimating population numbers in your chosen habitat at the end. The second one was examining a section from the stem of a dicot plant, you had to describe how you cut it and supported it and looked at it under the microscope and you had to draw a diagram of it. Third one was the enzyme pH variation experiment and its graph, and it also asked the three ingredients needed to immobilise enzymes.
    The ecology long question had a paragraph of writing about badgers, you had to draw a food chain with badgers in it and also kind of opinion-based questions about why they live in certain areas and why they eat certain foods and stuff, it also involved an inverted pyramid of numbers and describing one limitation of the pyramid of numbers.
    There was a long question purely on respiration, there wasn't any photosynthesis, it was fairly ok.
    There was another one involving labelling parts of the ear, the functions of skin, and I think in the same one part c was about homeostasis and you also had to draw the internal structure of a long bone and give the functions of red/yellow bone marrow.
    There was another one about the heart, you had to draw a diagram and talk about the direction of blood flow and describe how the pacemaker controls the heartbeat, and it included some fairly detailed questions about the lymph system, its functions, definition of lymph node and why they can swell sometimes, differences between lymph vessels and arteries. I think the same question had a bit about antagonistic muscles although this could have been in the previous one.
    In the genetics one you had to do a genetic cross involving sex-linked traits, one of those horrible definition questions 'distinguish between translation/transcription, linkage/sex linkage, variation/mutation'. It also asked to describe the process of DNA replication.
    In the last one, one of the parts was about transport in plants, you had to do a diagram of xylem tubes and describe the cohesion/tension model, not sure what was in the other two parts though, part a looked like something to do with reproduction but we haven't done it yet and we haven't done whatever part c was either

• Registered Users Posts: 3 erich0779

Was thinking of starting a whatsapp group for mocks, anybody interested message me and i'll try get it started tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Leavingcert gal2016

nikkilc wrote: »
    Anyone else find Ordinary level Maths P1 pretty difficult? Not sure what paper we had but there was
    a q9 about two companys and it was a function and a graph and I hadn't a clue what I was supposed to do :P
    Other's in my class said they found it difficult too but I am fairly disappointed because P1 is usually my strength :(
    Yeah I also thought it was really hard.
    Complex numbers wasn't good and the graph qs was awful like I couldnt figure out at what point they would have the same amount of money earned.
    It was deb had a barcode in the right corner

• Registered Users Posts: 3 erich0779

A couple of people seemed interested, i have that whatsapp group set up now for anybody interested in joining just message me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 FTWisFTW

CASE STUDY:

1. Why did the 1916 Rising happen and to what extent was the 1916 Rising a success?

NORTHERN IRELAND:
    3. Can't remember
    4. Impact of one or more of the following on Northern Ireland: The Apprentice Boys; Seamus Heaney; Ecumenism

UNITED STATES:
    3. Why did Johnson escalate Vietnam and how did this impact on US domestic affairs

This is great thank you! By any chance was one of the questions on Northern Ireland about
    the welfare state?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 RachelAC

On my leaving cert mock I think the pros is
    an gnathrud and the poem is geibheann

Bar code in left corner or right ?

FTWisFTW wrote: »
    This is great thank you! By any chance was one of the questions on Northern Ireland about
    the welfare state?

I don't recall any question on that sorry kind of turned off completely for N.I once i saw
    The Apprentice Boys
    . But I have done that in school so I feel like if a question on it came up I might remember it a bit clearer :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2 aoifeg12843

erich0779 wrote: »
    A couple of people seemed interested, i have that whatsapp group set up now for anybody interested in joining just message me.
    there's a huge Facebook one

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lcerter16

Business DEB HL- what was passed onto me by a friend.
    Maslow's theory of motivation and a question on CAP and the European social charter, something to do with product development (There was a feasibility study, a prototype and two of the others.) You have to put them in order and then explain two of them. In that same question there was a question on job and batch production. There was a question on the sale of goods act so learn that one. Also a question on contracts, something about how to cancel them I think it was. If I'm not mistaken I think the Industrial relations act came up as well.In the short questions there was a question to do with a break even chats, learn how to work it all out!

If anyone has anything to add on or more detail please post here!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 pseudorachel

Rachel98 wrote: »
    Does anyone know specifically what the Q was on the English examcraft paper 2 on King Lear about
    the fool & cordelia
    ? :)
    Cordelia and the Fool fulfill a number of dramatic roles in the play

something alongs those lines

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Kaitlyn2424

lcerter16 wrote: »
    Business DEB HL- what was passed onto me by a friend.
    Maslow's theory of motivation and a question on CAP and the European social charter, something to do with product development (There was a feasibility study, a prototype and two of the others.) You have to put them in order and then explain two of them. In that same question there was a question on job and batch production. There was a question on the sale of goods act so learn that one. Also a question on contracts, something about how to cancel them I think it was. If I'm not mistaken I think the Industrial relations act came up as well.In the short questions there was a question to do with a break even chats, learn how to work it all out!

If anyone has anything to add on or more detail please post here!!!

There's also short qs
    on distinguishing between p45 and p60 and also indemnity and insurance interest

• Registered Users Posts: 26 pseudorachel

Rachel98 wrote: »
    Does anyone know specifically what the Q was on the English examcraft paper 2 on King Lear about the fool & cordelia? :)
    Cordelia and the Fool fulfill a number of dramatic roles in the play

it was something along those lines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

Can I just... If you're messaging someone asking for help at least TRY to be halfway polite, don't just bark 'Do you have X paper with you' with nothing else in the message... I've received so many rude messages in the last week

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Davy Fitz

Ag science HL DEB
    question 1: know phylums, sheep gestation, urinary system, dental formula, dairy breeds, scratch factor

Question 2: soil structure, definitions, exp mineral nutrient in soil.

Question 3: bcs + conformation + diagram, store + compensatory growth, growth curve

Question 4: enzymes, yield of root crop, transpiration in plants, hygiene of milk

Question 5: notifiable disease, disease control, cycle of roundworms

Question 6: carbon cycle, macro/micro nutrient, prevention of pollution

Question 7: genetics

Question 8: double servicing, pig enterprise, potatoes under headings

Question 9: maize under plastic, mixed grass seeds, flushing sheep, colostrum, oxytocin

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Jack55

CASE STUDY:

NORTHERN IRELAND:
    3. Can't remember

UNITED STATES:

I know this is a bit weird but by any chance could you (or anyone else) look at the spoiler & tell me if I'd be safe enough for Sovereignty & Partition by just knowing: factors that led to partition, anglo-irish relations and whether the treaty was responsible for the civil war?

I don't wanna see the spoilers but we haven't covered everything in this book yet & I wanna know going into the exam that i'll be able to answer something y'know. It would be much appreciated. :)

Jack55 wrote: »
    I know this is a bit weird but by any chance could you (or anyone else) look at the spoiler & tell me if I'd be safe enough for Sovereignty & Partition by just knowing: factors that led to partition, anglo-irish relations and whether the treaty was responsible for the civil war?

I don't wanna see the spoilers but we haven't covered everything in this book yet & I wanna know going into the exam that i'll be able to answer something y'know. It would be much appreciated. :)

You would be covered yes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 laurap123

Enhaha wrote: »
    Don't know which company it is but we've been told a geoecology questions is:
    Characteristics of two soils

also a 30 marker is
    Isotacy

Do you know what company this is? Or if there's a biome q?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 laineystar

Once i quote it will let me post a quick reply????

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bubbly111111

root(2) - 1 is a root of a function ax^2 + bx + c = 0 and you had to solve for a,b,c and find the other roots.
    could someone help me with this please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭Monkeysgomad

does anybody have anything on OL english?
    My friend did it the other day. Circle of friends have u done that ? It asks do u have sympathy for jacks character. It asks was benny right to say no to him at the end.

The essay in p1 she said there was a lot to chose from.

The comparative was really weird asked also, not sure what I know she did social setting but she said it was asked strangely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭nokia211

Noticed some dodgy spoilers saying something was on english HL DEB when it wasn't so here's all the spoilers you'll need for English Paper 2. (DEB)
    King Lear: Q1 "Female characters in lear are forceful and powerful, often moreso than their male counterparts" Do you agree or disagree, support with references etc.

Other question was on Themes and Symbolism in Lear.

Comparative

Cultural Context:
    70 marks "Values and Expectations illustrate the possibility of social change" Compare how deep values and expectations affect the cultural context

30/40 marks: "Way in which characters react to crises provides insight into cultural context" Discuss to which this is applicable in 1 text and then 2 texts.

General Vision and Viewpoint:
    70 marks: The manner in which text conclude and their impact help construct the general vision and viewpoint of a text" Compare how the conclusion of each text and its impact on you helped construct the GV&V

30/40 marks: "the way the reader responds to relationships which are destructive or constructive in the text can help understanding of general vision and viewpoint

Poetry:
    Yeats: Yeats confronts both private and public challenges in language which is appealing. Discuss with references to themes and language
    Eliot: Eliot's poetry has thought-provoking reflections, complemented by powerful imagery. Discuss with references to themes and language
    Dickinson: Dark themes and eccentric styles can be challenging for readers. Discuss with references to themes and language
    Durcan: Durcan gives rich insights into human experience with language which is accessible. Discuss with references to themes and language

Hello I just want to double check! For cultural context
    are you sure the question isn't "how does the cultural context affect values and expectations"
    Thanks

I've a collection of spoilers so I'll just put them all together, unsure of company in all cases but I'll update on Monday when my mocks start

IRISH OL
    Blog on last summer
    Dís
    Caca Milis - almost certain this ones a summary
    Geibheann
    An Spailpin Fanach

BIOLOGY HL
    apparently there's no diagrams? but my teacher did mention there could be a small one
    Genetics theory only
    Enzymes experiment (possibly)

SPANISH HL - DEB
    essay is supposedly relevant and can be linked in with many of the topics, so interpret that as you please
    listening today was okay, some parts more difficult than others, will try remember the whole thing and post later

ENGLISH HL
    Yeats, Durcan, Dickinson and Eliot
    Cultural Context and Vision and Viewpoint
    Lear questions on about the wickedness of the sisters and imagery and symbolism
    Possibly a talk to class as a question B

Is the Irish Deb or exam craft ?

Ordinary level irish paper two
    a blog on :how much you love your phone or about why you love summer
    or a story on your bike breaking when youre cycling with a friend far from home with no phone
    or a story on : a talent show is organised and their are trials you are standing outside ready to go in and audition,
    or a letter on moving house and school

Is this Deb or exam craft ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 laurap123

wellm8 wrote: »
    Quick question I've tried pm'ing people but no one is replying! For DEB English paper two was the 2nd Lear question on Themes and symbolism?? If so was it broad or specific ?

It how the
    themes are presented through the use of imagery and symbols and you must refer to at least two major themes in the play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Stanford

root(2) - 1 is a root of a function ax^2 + bx + c = 0 and you had to solve for a,b,c and find the other roots.
    could someone help me with this please

Did you solve your problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 DM12345

If anyone's looking for examcraft HL English Irish Spanish or DEB HL maths send me a PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 123 ✭✭DA7800

Economics - Higher level

Bar code in the top left
    What I remember from section B:
    Question 1 - Marginal utility
    Question 2 - Supply Curve and Graphs
    Question 3 - Price Elasticity of Demand
    Question 4 - ?
    Question 5 - National Income
    Question 6 - Law of Comparative Advantage/International Trade
    Question 7 - ?
    Question 8 - LDCs and economic growth

There was a section in one of the first three questions that involved perfect competition and monopoly, but I can't remember which one! Just know that it comes up.

Overall a really, really nice paper. Slightly disappointed that it wasn't harder, I don't think it reflected the difficulty of the real deal as well as it could've. Short questions were fine too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 potantbanana

got OL english today and barcode was top right is that examcraft or deb?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭hubluh

got OL english today and barcode was top right is that examcraft or deb?

Examcraft

• Advertisement

Irish HL Paper 2 Examcraft (don't think this much info about it has been posted yet)
    Prós: An Gnáthrud: "Is gnáthrud é gach rud a bhainnean de Jimmy sa ghearrscéalseo, fiú a bhás tubaisteach."
    Poetry: Géibheann - Fáthchiallach, Mothúchán and Shaol an fíle/Shaothar an fhile
    A Thig ná Tit Orm: The parents role his life and Maidhc growing up in the Ghaeltacht

Have done English HL P1, Accounting HL and Maths OL P1 (all Examcraft) too! PM me if you've a question and if anyone has any info on Home Ec/History HL Examcraft I'd appreciate it :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement